Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
We'll find out how "desirable" these are tomorrow. I'm taking a table at a HW show with Dave Antonelli and I'm bringing six sets of these. We'll see what the market for "Green Lightnings" is.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Part of the reason that these are five cars for $8 dollars are as follows.

These are not adult collectibles cars. Plastic base and plastic wheels. None of the models have an engine nor any opening hoods.

I would also be inclined to believe that having them packaged loose in a 5-pack would be less costly per model rather than the cost of individually blistered singles.

That being said, I wait for Johnnies to be in the discounted 2-packs at TRU.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
markkaz said:
Part of the reason that these are five cars for $8 dollars are as follows.

These are not adult collectibles cars. Plastic base and plastic wheels. None of the models have an engine nor any opening hoods.

I would also be inclined to believe that having them packaged loose in a 5-pack would be less costly per model rather than the cost of individually blistered singles.

That being said, I wait for Johnnies to be in the discounted 2-packs at TRU.
Correct, and the main reason these 5-packs gained any interest from collectors is because there is a green tire chase car. Otherwise, I could only see children playing with these. :wave:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
Correct, and the main reason these 5-packs gained any interest from collectors is because there is a green tire chase car. Otherwise, I could only see children playing with these. :wave:
Correct. And people wouldn't be looking for extra sets to sell on E Bay, either.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Correct. And people wouldn't be looking for extra sets to sell on E Bay, either.
If a person wants to buy them and resell, that is up to them. I say good luck to them, it is their choice. I'm not the only member on here who is selling, by the way. :wave:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
FastC6Vette said:
Otherwise, I could only see children playing with these. :wave:
So now you are calling people that liked these children?? That's not nice. I liked these long before I knew of the green tires. I collect vipers and others collected them for the castings they collect.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
ViperMan said:
So now you are calling people that liked these children?? That's not nice. I liked these long before I knew of the green tires. I collect vipers and others collected them for the castings they collect.
No, no no - you are taking what I said out of context. I know collectors that collect certain castings (like you collecting Vipers) will get them for the casting, but I honestly doubt that you like Nickelodeon cartoons splattered all over the body. I meant that these cars appear to be made for children - they do not have too much detail like JL's do, and there are cartoons all over the body. But, then again, who knows since they put green tire chase cars in them? :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I guess we can also make the argument that we all are in a sence children. I don't care for nickelodeon graphics but that is what makes this one different they can't all be realistic. I have aprox. 800 small scaled vipers so I am happy to see any thing that is different than what I already have.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
DadsCoronet said:
I was at a TRU yesterday, looked at 24 sets of these, including ones "up top". Not one green tire car in the bunch. :freak:
Which TRU if it is your normal hit ie west farms I scored some there. The mustangs and a stude.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
70XR7 said:
I haven't seen this set at all. I did buy the Scooby Doo set for my son, he was pumped!!
Berlin TPk? This was my original score with these and there were none on the pegs I found 4 different ones with green tires hidden away. I haven't seen anymore there since I bought the last packs.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
No, over by Westfarms. No big, I saw all the commotion the set was generating and figured I'd see what the fuss was about. I wasn't going to search overheads for them, they are a little fussy about that when you get caught.

Hey - what are you doing in Newington anyway??? That's my turf, stay in Bristol where you belong!!! :)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Newington is the TRU I normally go to when I go to a TRU maybe once every month and a half LOL. The packs in west farms TRU are not with the diecast they are about four rows down on a side/end cap thingy.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts