Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
TheDarkCutlass said:
$7.99 for these 5 packs, as mentioned, i've been eyeing that 442, but don't feel like plopping $8 for 1 car.

PS: The 442 is the same casting as JL, so im sure the other cars in that pack are too
All the cars in both packs are the castings that were formerly racing champion street wheels so all the cars in both packs say racing champions on the base.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
ack, your right, upon further review, this is not the new one. It don't have the "wrong" vent window (shouldn't be there) that the JL 69 does.

*shrug* still want it, just not $7.99 for a bunch of hippos and birds want :p

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
ViperMan said:
Rich are any of them the ones I am looking for? Please LMK, David
I was talking with Dads Coronet about this yesterday, and will check for you before I sell any of the sets. Right now, they're still in my car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
carnut2256 said:
I was talking with Dads Coronet about this yesterday, and will check for you before I sell any of the sets. Right now, they're still in my car.
Thanks!! I'll try to update my pic soon.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
TheDarkCutlass said:
ack, your right, upon further review, this is not the new one. It don't have the "wrong" vent window (shouldn't be there) that the JL 69 does.

*shrug* still want it, just not $7.99 for a bunch of hippos and birds want :p
I am sure I will end up with singles as I plan on displaying my vipers in the cases on the walls. I'll try to remember you wanting it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks Stack!! Looks like I will have a complete set of the nickelodeon now and just missing the truck in the Nick JR pack.

Anyone find any vipers would love spares of that one too.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Mark Hosaflook said:
How much do these 5 packs cost? Are they considerably below a JL 5 pack? If so how do they do it considering I see nothing on these different from a standard JL. They have plenty of tampo art, specific packaging, special wheels and a license. If they are not cheaper, will parents buy them for kids?

I'll say one thing, this is teaching them young about the value of chase cars....oh boy!;)

Odd with this latest flavor of the month excuse posted around from all the diecast gurus with an "in" in the business for the high price of diecast (Johnny Lightnings) being how the price of zinc gone through the ceiling, yet RC2 can produce and sell this tampoed and licenced product (JL's dressed as garbage) for 5 for 7.99?

Oh who to believe...

Mark, the joke behind the Johnny Lightning Peanut's lark was not far off at all.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I saw 12 full sets of these (I assume a full case) just put out at TRU and not 1 of the cars had green tires...............

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
jasydad said:
I saw 12 full sets of these (I assume a full case) just put out at TRU and not 1 of the cars had green tires...............
They come 6 to a case 3 nick jr and 3 nickelodeon.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
VelocityArts said:
Odd with this latest flavor of the month excuse posted around from all the diecast gurus with an "in" in the business for the high price of diecast (Johnny Lightnings) being how the price of zinc gone through the ceiling, yet RC2 can produce and sell this tampoed and licenced product (JL's dressed as garbage) for 5 for 7.99?
These are not JL's they are another brand of rc2 cars and they also have plastic bases but they are decent castings for sure. These were originally street wheels castings meant to compete with the $1 car market. They are slightly smaller than the other cars racing champions was offering at the time. They are now using the casting under the Joyride name and sometimes under the Ertl name. I also notice rc2 is selling it's JLFT viper casting under their Ertl name.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the 1970 Cuda and the 1957 Chevy Bel Air with Green Tires. I'm looking for a 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am with Green Tires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm looking for green tired ones if anyone has any and wants to sell/trade them. I went to my TRU and they didn't have any of these out. :cry:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Word is definitely getting out about these .... I hit two TRUs today and while both had a slew of these, not a single green tire set to be had. In other stores, I would have found 2-3 for the amount of boxes put out.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
BANONE said:
I have the 1970 Cuda and the 1957 Chevy Bel Air with Green Tires. I'm looking for a 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am with Green Tires. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I will trade with you as I have spares of the Trans-AM I am looking for more vipers but I'll send you a pm shortly.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts