Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is the correct forum but since there is no area for Joyride this RC2 seemed best.

There are 2 new Joyride 5 packs out one of which had a viper in it so I was looking for the packs. Well a little over a week ago besides the regular editions I found some 5 packs stuck away in hiding places here and there at a few different TRUs. The packs that were hiding had green tires on one of the vehicals in the pack. I am pretty sure these are a chase version but am unaware what they would be called I am thinking the green wheels would be like the green slime used on Nick. I have yet to see a posting on any of the boards concerning these and would like more info. I am trying to complete the sets with all green tires and hit all my local stores plus OFAS and still need a few so please look to the swap area soon for my list of wants and trades. Now for some pics...

photo of a pack with a green tired car in it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/diecastviper/100_0434.jpg

most of what I have... (added 2 more since photo)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/diecastviper/100_0435.jpg

close ups of the viper...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/diecastviper/100_0436.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/diecastviper/100_0437.jpg

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just pasted in the swap and sell I am looking to complete both 5 packs

I need
1997 mustang from the nickelodeon 5 pack
1949 mercury from the nick jr 5pack
1996 dodge ram from the nick
I would also like more vipers I have one but would like to keep on in the 5 pack and get one to display in my case and I have friends that need it too.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul I think they are a TRU exclusive 5 pack I have yet to see them anywhere else. Thanks for checking for me ;)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Pretty neat. I've seen those 5 packs, but never inspected them too closely to check for GL's. I'll take a look for you.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
man, wishi knew that, would of looked closer for a 442 with the green wheels.

Im currently waiting for them to go on clearance to pick one up. I want the 442, but not for $7.99 with a bunch of hippos on it, maybe $5...

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
How much do these 5 packs cost? Are they considerably below a JL 5 pack? If so how do they do it considering I see nothing on these different from a standard JL. They have plenty of tampo art, specific packaging, special wheels and a license. If they are not cheaper, will parents buy them for kids?

I'll say one thing, this is teaching them young about the value of chase cars....oh boy!;)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
$7.99 for these 5 packs, as mentioned, i've been eyeing that 442, but don't feel like plopping $8 for 1 car.

PS: The 442 is the same casting as JL, so im sure the other cars in that pack are too

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Geez, I need to be more attentive. There was a ton of those at Toys R Us a few weeks ago, and my 3 year old picked out the set with the Viper, the Van and the Trans Am. I didn't even look at them, I just said "OK" and paid for it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
This is the first I knew about these, now I will have to look for them when I stop at the store! :freak:
I was running some errands and got to stop at TRU - they don't even have them though! I checked the whole diecast section. :freak:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I was unsucessful today. Those little buggers are tough! Went to 4 TRU's, and zilch. There were an average of 10 per store. Oh,...and the ones in the overhead, and in the basements were regs too!:p

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I bought six sets of these GLs today! I've got a HW show I took a table at for Sunday, and I'm going to see how the Hot Wheelers take to these :p

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
carnut2256 said:
I bought six sets of these GLs today! I've got a HW show I took a table at for Sunday, and I'm going to see how the Hot Wheelers take to these :p
Rich are any of them the ones I am looking for? Please LMK, David

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wlpaul said:
I was unsucessful today. Those little buggers are tough! Went to 4 TRU's, and zilch. There were an average of 10 per store. Oh,...and the ones in the overhead, and in the basements were regs too!:p
Thanks for checking Paul!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts