Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice of RC2 to exclude us Canadians from there monthly contests,
Thanks I guess to us loyal buyers up north, who wait weeks to months for the "latest" releases. I doubt they will read this but, if they do what gives ?

No one out side the US can win, cause they only sell in the US right, OLD's
ship everywhere I bet, I know some one is gonna says it costs too much.

Have they thought that maybe they're pretty little cars in the Alcatraz package might cost too much ?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
Very nice of RC2 to exclude us Canadians from there monthly contests,
I think they are trying to make up for it by sending you all the old releases. However, they seemed to forget that there is more than one province in Canada. :lol:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
alot of contest that companies put on are only available in the US and sometimes peurto rico. So its not just RC2. Its possibly some sort of legal thing between countries which inhibits them from being able to do so.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I get mail from the US all the time, I doubt its legalities, just penny's to me. It's not like the have to send a 50 priority packages everyday.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Boogie, it is nothing new.
Remember with the JLCC, Canucks had to pay considerably more than
our US counterparts for the annual membership and in US funds.
And the 10th Anniversary prizes were also only valid in the US.
I scratched a lot of stickers, but had no winners. Probably a good thing.
It is not even a big deal with me anymore.
It is just a fact of life.

TheDarkCutlass, it probably is a legal issue.

60sMetal, depending on where you live in Canada; many believe there is "only"
one province and it is not Quebec. The outcome of most federal elections is usually
over by the time it hits the Ontario/Manitoba border.

Nick, are you picking on the Canuckleheads again? Bad boy!
A slow day for you? Or you just couldn't resist.
We can't be members? Oh, oh!
Thanks for the news, LOL.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know its not new, word on the street is that RC2 reads here, I just wanted to hear it from them. If it wasn't for some great people here and a fantastic OLD then I would be done, not just because of the contest, just icing on the cake that sat in the Freezer for three months and came out more expensive.

I'm not usually a huge quality guy but, with the feedback on the Futura's
I'm concerned.

Its funny they will lets us pay to join - no problem in fact cause your dollar is a little lower you can pay more (That's not RC2's fault) - but you can't win any contests.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
decided to do some research on this subject..

some website said:
Well it has to do with charity and contest laws in the province of Quebec. When planning national contests companies are confronted with a unique set of rules and regulations in order to include Quebec. The Regie des Loteries et Courses du Quebec requires long preparation times and fees for approval. As a result a great number of national contests promoted by national brands exclude the province of Quebec
This is from a webstie that has contests for Canada, but it does not include Quebec due to its contest's rules and regulation, so whenever a company does a national canadian contest, they exclude Quebec

some forum on a website said:
Mostly cause of a hassle called VAT which is a tax added onto a lot of things going into other countries. Makes it easier to say NO than for a sponsoring company to try and figure out the problems with every countries tax codes.
Still haven't been able to find a real 'good' explanation, but this is a start of probably why...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate your help DC, my questions if Mac's doesn't get charged "VAT"
for selling something then why would they for shipping something ? Thats the part I don't get. Sometimes I get charged a customs fee, but not all.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
I appreciate your help DC, my questions if Mac's doesn't get charged "VAT"
for selling something then why would they for shipping something ? Thats the part I don't get. Sometimes I get charged a customs fee, but not all.
might be something only large corperations have to deal with? i unno... i know alot of OLD's only charge state tax if you live in the same state... *shrug*

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Well there's never any new JL stuff around here except at Target, and that's pretty uncommon. I should be angry casue they're excluding SC!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts