Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does associated or anyone else make a complete kit with all new parts or do I have to buy them seperate? If they do would it be to much to ask for the part number !

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I'd change the outside bearing in the hub too. It gets a lot of stress with the diff cone tightened on it.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
some places bearings are expensive.. it is easy to check if a bearing is bad.. they feel gritty and dont spin free... i have had the same outer ceramic diff bearing in mine for about a year... ive done 25 plus rebuilds. it is still as smooth as new...

·
Registered
318 Posts
IRS makes a kit that has diff rings, diff balls, a new diff nut and the material to pin a diff. Costs $5 and works great.

H

·
0 Posts
Standard rebuild: replace diff balls and spur. Use 220 sandpaper and sand the surface of diff rings (you can sand and reuse the diff rings several times). During the inital building if you sand both sides of diff rings then if you had to rebuild or replace the diff balls/spur all you would have to do is flip the rings over.

If you are looking to upgrade the complete assembly Irrgang sells the complete setup (grahpite axles, spur, dif ball, diff ring and hubs $65) or separately. Most are using the D ring hub and axles. To balance wear of the rear bearing during maintenance swap them around, use the axle bearing on the diff hub and swap the diff bearing to axle if they are still good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts