Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a front kick up plate for a RC10DS. Are they like they kick up for the RC10 and RC10T, only flatter. Could I just cut out a WHOLE chassis, including front kick up from one flat piece of material, ie Carbon Fiber, Aluminum, etc? I could probably make myself a RC10DS AND a RC10, if I can fab my own chassis for the DS.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Just use a regular RC10 kickup and flatten it until it is just right.

I am in the process of doing the same thing with a B3 kickup so I can reduce caster for carpet/asphalt use. (This will involve making a new top plate from aluminum, but you don't have that problem with a Dual Sport.) Yes, I know I can get different caster blocks to reduce caster, but that ends up giving less than optimal steering geometry.

BTW, I have a Grand Motorsports Dual Sport graphite conversion car for sale if you want another one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hold up.....

Will everything hook up the same, and all I have to do is straighten an ordinary T3 front kick-up. THAT would be MORE than awesome, cause I just-so-happen to have warped one. It would be NO prob to straighten it out. Im just picky about everything hooking up like stock.

Let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Not a T3 plate, an original RC10T or RC10T2 plate. You have to use a plate that bolted up to the original aluminum tub chassis.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

So its completely flat? That should mean I can just cut a full chassis and front kick-up in one piece, correct?

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
No, it is not completely flat.

If, as you stated in the first post, you "need a front kick up plate for a RC10DS", get an RC10 kickup and bend it until it matches the RC10DS profile.

On the other hand, if you want to make your own chassis, just go for it. But it won't be an RC10 chassis or an RC10DS chassis, it will be an "IVIONSTER" chassis.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well

Thats most of the problem, I dont know what angle the front kick up would need. This is my first dealings with an On-Road vehicle. Length is another thing....would a DS Kick-up be the same length as the T Kick-up I have?

Thanks for helping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts