Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a reminder, for all you static builders out there, you can make an excellent RC Seaview with the help of Dave Welch. I am in no way affiliated with Dave, I just like his units and his character. His politness is refreshing and that goes a long way with costumer relations and sales. Dave is five stars as are his units.
http://www.frontiernet.net/~bwelch/inthe.htm

Here is how to build the unit.
http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/messageboards.php5

I will order my own soon and I cannot wait for spring.
Wished I lived in California like Steve, but we have his videos to cheer us up in the Canadian cold.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No,building an RC model is something quite different than building a plastic model kit......
That's a rather interesting distinction when a "Moebius Seaview" plastic model is what is being radio controlled. Using that specious reasoning anyone who strips out or motorizes a "Plastic" commercially available Moebius model doesn't qualify to post on our forum. Are we to turn our noses up at those who motorize or radio control the new Jupiter 2's landing gear or power core? Where is the line drawn? After all it IS a Moebius plastic model that has been built and painted ..just because someone stuck a motor and rc gear in it doesn't make it something we should make someone feel unwelcome over! Or would you like to change the forum name to "The Moebius STATIC display model forum section B " stock built non-lighted non rc'd or motorized"

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Whether it's static or RC, it's all GOOD, welcome, and Moebius-related.
I proudly make mine static and don't apologize for it either, and also admit to thoroughly enjoying the results of those who successfully RC-convert theirs.
Build on and sail on, my friends! :hat:

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
That's a rather interesting distinction when a "Moebius Seaview" plastic model is what is being radio controlled. Using that specious reasoning anyone who strips out or motorizes a "Plastic" commercially available Moebius model doesn't qualify to post on our forum. Are we to turn our noses up at those who motorize or radio control the new Jupiter 2's landing gear or power core? Where is the line drawn? After all it IS a Moebius plastic model that has been built and painted ..just because someone stuck a motor and rc gear in it doesn't make it something we should make someone feel unwelcome over! Or would you like to change the forum name to "The Moebius STATIC display model forum section B " stock built non-lighted non rc'd or motorized"
you really have too much time on your hands.........

·
Registered
264 Posts
we build models here....
Who was ranting? I was commenting on your quote which seemed outright rude and arrogant. If that was not your intention it was a strange way to word it...either way the discussion of an RC Moebius "PLASTIC" model sub IS relevant here unless a "real moderator" were to change that!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yep, opinions are like rear ends.....We all have one. I've said it many times. Wars are started over the dumbest things. All are welcome. Some need to just go into the light. LOL.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
. . . Using that specious reasoning anyone who strips out or motorizes a "Plastic" commercially available Moebius model doesn't qualify to post on our forum. Are we to turn our noses up at those who motorize or radio control the new Jupiter 2's landing gear or power core?
Only if they actually make it fly!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts