Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at a truck on ebay, and it's the same year make and brand (1990). The control for the truck looks just like the one for the car I used to have. Would like to know if the control for the truck would operate my car, if so would I have to change anything.

C

·
0 Posts
Wow.... I thought that I was on the only one that had one of thos cars in my closet... Actually... I have the Lobo, not the Lobo 2... the red one... so I'm still betting I'm the only one that has one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sears LOBO's..

Hi !
this might be a little late responce to the posts...

I have both 27, and 49 cars in both LOBO I,, and lobo II,,
( the red one 27 MHz, and the black (dark blue) one 49MHz.)
and one "Super LOBO" .. 49MHz..
The controllers for the lobo I will not work with the LOBO II's..
even though they read the same frequency...
The super lobo oddly runs with the older lobo I controller,,
not the newer one...
The boards are interchangable,, but you have to watch out for the two to three wire to the motor(newer is a three) and the power system,,
(the lobo II have the 9v. with the 7.2,, and the I's pull power from diffrent points of a line of 1.5 AA's...
I have two others motified.. and love the way they handle .
They were my first RC cars,, and I still race them with the neighborhood kids :) ( most of the time winning :)

Hope that helps.
john.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need Nikko help for super lobo II parts

okay Sears lobo experts... Please help me to find parts for a super lobo II. Do you know how to get parts? or any other relevant data? I know that the super lobo II was made under different names for other vendors...any leads?

Thank you ahead of time

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
saltamir said:
okay Sears lobo experts... Please help me to find parts for a super lobo II. Do you know how to get parts? or any other relevant data? I know that the super lobo II was made under different names for other vendors...any leads?

Thank you ahead of time
NIKKO name for the buggy was TURBO PANTHER II

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you ahead of time
I know this is a 2 year old conversation, but there are many many different buggies you can use parts for. The Lobo II is also the Pathfinder (Same buggy different stickers), also there is another super rare buggy same chassis called the mosquito. It is a yellow body, but the very same. And the black fox I believe is also compatible as it was very very similar to this series.
Nikko made 80% of radio shacks buggies too. The Rhino, Sears Super Lobo, The Thunderbolt, and Radio Shack Golden Arrow are all the same car!
And don't qoute me on this, but I think the Radio Shack Black Phantom and the Nikko Dictator are basically the same car too.

In closing, I love the hobby and I sell all vintage Nikko, Tyco, Kyosho and Tamiya stuff on Ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
blue lobo

so what's a blue lobo that works worth? it's a 7.2 with turbo on the controller. a little used but works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts