Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am starting a new business with RC car rentals. We are using the BRP 1/18th scale cars as rentals but are not sure which way to go as far as batteries. I was thinking of using AA's in a 4 pack configuration but was unsure of what type cells would be best. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Russ

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
If you go AA's check out cheapbatterypacks.com. They are better that the duracells and such you will get from Wal-Mart.

Now if you go Li-Po, I would look at 1cell not 2-cell for rentals. If you go 2-cell you will be working on alot of stuff. But you could just tune-down the esc to prevent the high speeds 2-cell would provide.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you don't go with the Li-Po packs look at using AA's that are hybreads or "Pre-charged". They hold a charge on the shelf so you don't have to to re-charge packs that have not been run for a week or two. They will hold about 80% of their charge for a year.

If you go Li-Po be sure the ESC has a li-po cutoff or you add one to it. If not you will be replacing the packs much sooner. If a li-po cell gose below 3v per cell or above 3.7v per cell they will be damaged and gas out or puff up. The gas is highly explosive.

Li-po's are great and can give you 10 times the service life but you have to insure they are not abused. I know how abused a rental can become.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts