Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am planning on painting my body a solid candy blue. I have heard that I should back the blue with a silver to make the color come out more. Is it really true? And if so does it make a big difference? :confused:

-Dustin

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recomend that you back it with a silver. It really brings the color out. I used the True Blue Pearl paint and it really shines after being backed with the silver.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i heard the same thing but with a twist here is what i heard

put 3 coats of your top color
then 2 coats of silver
then 2 light coats of black
then 1 coat of protectant

·
Registered
716 Posts
Your coats should be very light, it seems odd, but it is true. I paint my bodies where they are very translucent after 3 coats of color, then back them with silver/white/or black, depending on need. I only use Faskoat on Nitro bodies...as it is very resilient to fuel and scratches, but it is also the heaviest coating. I don't use it on Onroad bodies unless I am 5-10grams under weight. Spraying paint in light coats WITH good coverage requires a decent airbrush. If you are going to use Pactra paint, make sure you put the cans in warm water prior to use...not HOT water. :) It reduces the viscosity of the paint and sprays much finer.
Mitch
Courtesy of Mitch's Vinyl

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SuperXRAY said:
Your coats should be very light, it seems odd, but it is true. I paint my bodies where they are very translucent after 3 coats of color, then back them with silver/white/or black, depending on need. I only use Faskoat on Nitro bodies...as it is very resilient to fuel and scratches, but it is also the heaviest coating. I don't use it on Onroad bodies unless I am 5-10grams under weight. Spraying paint in light coats WITH good coverage requires a decent airbrush. If you are going to use Pactra paint, make sure you put the cans in warm water prior to use...not HOT water. :) It reduces the viscosity of the paint and sprays much finer.
Mitch
Courtesy of Mitch's Vinyl
How long do you leave it in the warm water? :confused:

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
id go with what wizard syas if he painted them bodies on the website then im gonna get in touch with him real soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts