Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am planning on painting my body a solid candy blue. I have heard that I should back the blue with a silver to make the color come out more. Is it really true? And if so does it make a big difference? :confused:

-Dustin

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recomend that you back it with a silver. It really brings the color out. I used the True Blue Pearl paint and it really shines after being backed with the silver.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i heard the same thing but with a twist here is what i heard

put 3 coats of your top color
then 2 coats of silver
then 2 light coats of black
then 1 coat of protectant

·
Registered
716 Posts
Your coats should be very light, it seems odd, but it is true. I paint my bodies where they are very translucent after 3 coats of color, then back them with silver/white/or black, depending on need. I only use Faskoat on Nitro bodies...as it is very resilient to fuel and scratches, but it is also the heaviest coating. I don't use it on Onroad bodies unless I am 5-10grams under weight. Spraying paint in light coats WITH good coverage requires a decent airbrush. If you are going to use Pactra paint, make sure you put the cans in warm water prior to use...not HOT water. :) It reduces the viscosity of the paint and sprays much finer.
Mitch
Courtesy of Mitch's Vinyl

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SuperXRAY said:
Your coats should be very light, it seems odd, but it is true. I paint my bodies where they are very translucent after 3 coats of color, then back them with silver/white/or black, depending on need. I only use Faskoat on Nitro bodies...as it is very resilient to fuel and scratches, but it is also the heaviest coating. I don't use it on Onroad bodies unless I am 5-10grams under weight. Spraying paint in light coats WITH good coverage requires a decent airbrush. If you are going to use Pactra paint, make sure you put the cans in warm water prior to use...not HOT water. :) It reduces the viscosity of the paint and sprays much finer.
Mitch
Courtesy of Mitch's Vinyl
How long do you leave it in the warm water? :confused:

-Dustin

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
id go with what wizard syas if he painted them bodies on the website then im gonna get in touch with him real soon :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts