Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have been wondering whether or not the new Jesse James cars (Sweet Pea) and the bike (gold Digger) that come in zamac bare metal version are chase vehicles or not? Well, this is the reply I got when I inquired at MGA Entertainments website.

"Our plan is to roll out new "waves" of chopper and car styles
approximately every 90 days. Generally, each wave will have one
chopper
or car that also comes in a bare metal version. These bare metal
versions are made in a limited quantity and will be more difficult to
find than the painted versions."

Sounds like the chase is on.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
is there really a demand for these other than a small sector of collectors? i wouldn't buy a chase like this. foose is a flop. maisto's are not popular any longer. and jesse james? i don't think i'll be buying these to sell or trade. i'll leave them to those few who collect them.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the great thing about collecting diecast, to each his own. I just don't like to see people slamming something because they don't like it. I have all the West Coast Choppers bikes and cars from Muscle Machines.
And I'll be buying these new ones from MGA.

Oh, and I have 2 raw Sweet peas and 2 raw Gold Diggers. One each to open and the other to save.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
With WLs and THunts so hard to find around here, if I see one I'll grab it just because it's a chase car. I won't buy any or the others because I don't care for the size, but a chase car is a chase car, and it's better than nothing to me. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was lucky to find 1 raw one and 2 of the others. And I am glad to say that I opened one of the black ones. Looks like the raw one will be displayed in the blister.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
How rare can they be if most people saw or found these to begin with? I saw two at my local Wal Marts and passed on both of them. To each their own.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Thanks for the tip, ECchopper. I managed to find one just this afternoon...... in a Wal Mart ....... right there in Falmouth ....... your backyard ;) :tongue: :wave:

(it was also a Sweet Pea :thumbsup: )

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Yep, me to. In fact, I almost picked it up because I liked it better then the painted one. Never made the mential connection to a chase car though.

I have purchased a couple of the #666 modifieds ( the figure 8 car) but that is all. These just don't hit me very hard, as someone else said, a little too Mad Max for my taste. But I think they are done very well. No I mean...VERY WELL. Great detail.

I hope they just blast off and sell great. The Monster Car Garage pieces just did not sell well in my part of the world, though everyone seemed to enjoy the show. But they were also not done near as well as these. Time will tell. But I will keep my eye out for more selections from this series to grab me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Found 2 bikes today. They had a reg Sweet pea and two others on the pegs and 4 bikes. 2 of those bikes were the bare metal gold diggers.
Never paid much attention to them till this thred.
It's nice to have a few chase pieces, no matter who makes them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I found and bought both Sweet Pea's cause they're cool to me. Even if one wasn't a chase I still would've bought them. Hopefully I find some more or they do some more releases of it.

Jerry

·
Registered
126 Posts
O.K. my opinion. I like this car, I normally do not get jessie james stuff but I do LOVE ME SOME RAT RODS!! SO I picked this one up and a RAW version is on the way thanks to this site. I just found a RAW Gold Digger if anyone is interested. :thumbsup: :dude:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts