Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
That level of craftsmanship shows me that I am doing nothing but making toys with the models that I build. Excellent work, I'm going to go play with my toys now.
I will also add that the "rather good" description has to be the understatement of the year.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
OMG...

The only thing I would change is to have the support rod made of something clear like lucite, or something similar.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
He must be stopped!! I agree though, after all that work, why put the Spinner on a big metal rod? Something illuminated with cotton around it to reproduce the VTOL jet effect? Oh well--I'll never be able to touch the craftsmanship on display there so what do I know...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Underside of his model base looks like the freakin' inside of my computer tower!

We've got to put a stop to this. :mad:

Here's his modeling ability: :cool: Here's mine: :beatdeadhorse:

HAL9001-

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Holy crap, that's not even funny how amazing that is.

I mean, the guy putting working video monitors in his Seaview, I thought that was crazymazing, but this? I don't even have words!

AND, from all appearances, this takes place in the space of a couple of months! CRIPES!

Of course it probably helps the gentleman has gobs of skills honed by years of work combined with access to the insane variety of specialized tools and materials available in Japanese hobby shops, but still!!

I think he even addressed the issue of the 'one size fits all mode' simplification of the front wheels, didn't he?

Love the figures. Want. :)

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I mean, the guy putting working video monitors in his Seaview, I thought that was crazymazing, but this? I don't even have words!
I have to admit he's doing a great job but I must chime in here, if I may.....:eek:
I put working video displays in my Seaview and posted pictures here in HobbyTalk back in Sept of 2008, as I did the prep work on her. I'm guilty of
not finishing, I'm about 95% done....... Sorry for my self promotion, I have since found better displays and will be changing these out, sometimes it pays
to drag one's heels, sorry for the OT post......:eek:

P.S. The first picture is from 2008 and the other three are from tonight after I pulled the wall out to make sure it still worked.

·
Starship Class
11,939 Posts

WOW! What a diorama! Perfect!!! :eek:

I want to live there--or at least visit there. And I'll take a hot looking android for company while I'm at it.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have been studying his blog on the build up. I have incorporated some of his ideas into my build. The most exciting is the opening doors. I have already seperated the door glass from the main window. Let me tell you, that is not a job for the faint of heart, scribbing along a long narrow seam to seperate two large windows from a $60 model. It took me every bit of 20 minutes, scribing with my Xacto blade, until finally, the side window was free! That was per side! My LED count is currently at 28 LEDs I think.

·
Starship Class
11,939 Posts
I have to admit he's doing a great job but I must chime in here, if I may.....:eek:
I put working video displays in my Seaview and posted pictures here in HobbyTalk back in Sept of 2008, as I did the prep work on her. I'm guilty of
not finishing, I'm about 95% done....... Sorry for my self promotion, I have since found better displays and will be changing these out, sometimes it pays
to drag one's heels, sorry for the OT post......:eek:

P.S. The first picture is from 2008 and the other three are from tonight after I pulled the wall out to make sure it still worked.
Oh, yeah! Cool stuff!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I'm hanging back on my Spinner build on the off chance we might see some decent figures but a street scene from me is definitely in the pipeline.
Meanwhile, this guys work is sensational...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts