Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys (and gals). I would like to know everyones opinion/wishes in order of importance for a great offroad facility/program so here goes:

1. track size
2. flow-difficulty of layout
3. drivers stand
4. scoring system
5. pit area ie-covered, power etc.
6. indoor and outdoor tracks/ no rain-outs
7. organized/timely race
8. friendly atmosphere
9. on-site parts availability
10. class/rule structure
11. parking
12. camping/hotels
13. food/fuel/hardware nearby
14. ease of access - not difficult to find or get to
15. feel free to add your own if I've missed something

I only want your top ten although I believe they are all important, I want to see what racers appreciate the most. Thanks in advance, the input will be appreciated.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Hello guys (and gals). I would like to know everyones opinion/wishes in order of importance for a great offroad facility/program so here goes:

1. track size
2. flow-difficulty of layout
3. drivers stand
4. scoring system
5. pit area ie-covered, power etc.
7. organized/timely race
8. friendly atmosphere
9. on-site parts availability
10. class/rule structure
11. parking
12. camping/hotels
13. food/fuel/hardware nearby
14. ease of access - not difficult to find or get to
15. feel free to add your own if I've missed something

I only want your top ten although I believe they are all important, I want to see what racers appreciate the most. Thanks in advance, the input will be appreciated.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
1) indoor/outdoor for nitro and electric
2) ease of access to track
3) atmosphere of the people that run the track
4) pit area with power
5) track flow
6) organization from track officials
7) on-site parts
8) good size driverstand
9) food
10) camping/ hotels

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Odd, I look at the answers and I'm not sure what to think here. So what everyone is saying right now is, if I have an organized and well run race program the track can suck and no one will care? Great! Less work for the track owners!

1. The REASON everyone is there, the TRACK must be killer with a reliable scoring system
2. Well run program
3. Plenty of pit space with electric supplied
4. Safe facilities with a good drivers stand
5. Everything else goes here because its not needed but extras are nice

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Track design is tops, at least around here where I race. There's too many other tracks around within a reasonable driving distance. If the layout sucks, ppl will go elsewhere.

·
Registered
670 Posts
All of the things mentioned are nice ,but if the people are not friendly it sucks.I have been in the hobby for over 30 years,if you are not friendly I will not be back.
Butch

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I agree. Where are you from?
I race around the NE Ohio/Western PA area. Offroad heaven. From my apt., there's 6-7 outdoor offroad tracks and 4 indoor offroad tracks within a 1.5 hr drive. If I wanted, I could race 4 nights a week at four different tracks. Plus practice nights.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
looks like your wish is comming true there must be about 30 tracks with in a 3hour drive these days

It's ok to have lots of tracks.But if you don't run a good program mantain your track or treat people good and keep your place nice .You won't last long I peronally would rather drive 2-3 hours and race were's there's good compition great people .If you have a owner that likes to yell at people gives one group of guys one set of rules and the out or towners differant rules. you'll probally won't get a good crowd

·
Registered
107 Posts
A hobby shop with a track or just a track?

1. great advertising
2. good location
3. freindly service
4. parts on the wall, organized shop
5. reasonable prices
6. indoor track if your region has nortorious bad weather, lights if its outdoor.
7. track layouts that are not too abusive on equipment, require few marshalls.
8. timing software
9. drivers stand
10. organized racing program
11. parking
12. pit tables (with electric if racing electric)

The track will not matter if you don't have the first five.

I own a hobbyshop with track for perspective.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks like your wish is comming true there must be about 30 tracks with in a 3hour drive these days

It's ok to have lots of tracks.But if you don't run a good program mantain your track or treat people good and keep your place nice .You won't last long I peronally would rather drive 2-3 hours and race were's there's good compition great people .If you have a owner that likes to yell at people gives one group of guys one set of rules and the out or towners differant rules. you'll probally won't get a good crowd
Great track/stand on the way.
AMB/scoring pro.
Structured and on time.
I promise there will be plenty of competition.
Minimal yelling.
I don't care if you are the "kid next door" or Cavalieri the same set of rules will be applied to everyone.

See Ya trackside!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Odd, I look at the answers and I'm not sure what to think here. So what everyone is saying right now is, if I have an organized and well run race program the track can suck and no one will care? Great! Less work for the track owners!
I think what you are seeing here is that a well run program is not only one of the most important things, but often the most overlooked (or perhaps the most difficult to pull off), especially at outdoor tracks where 'anyone' can put one together.

The other things are important, but rather obvious.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
1. flow-difficulty of layout, Quality of surface and appropriately sized
2. drivers stand
3. scoring system
4. class/rule structure
5. organized/timely race
7. pit area powered
8. ease of access - not difficult to find or get to
9. food/fuel/hardware nearby