Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is another Rat Rod Mercedes but in zinc chromate.Fascinating mustard like color ! Can any body ID some of the parts added ? I smoked the arm' (easily done with a MMT+) so I replaced it with an original t-jet armature -now it runs great ! Now that I exhausted my supply of MMT+ chassis I can go to using modified JLTO / AWTO chassis's. I deliberately used clashing colors.

Neal :dude:

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
scoop is off a 55 cheby man.. lol.. looks good though, like you just dragged her out of some old fellas barn and took it for a ride....

Coach

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Now that's a pretty cool slot.....that color is interesting. I've almost bought a bottle of that Zinc chromate before....but I thought that it had more of a green tint.... :confused:

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Hmmmm. Side pipes are AFX Ford truck? Windscreens are Indy racer x 2 ? Scoop has got me baffled but I'm leaning towards Tyco? How'd you get the american steelies to fit "Merciless Benz" bolt pattern? LOL. This is classic racer! BH

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill Hall said:
Hmmmm. Side pipes are AFX Ford truck? Windscreens are Indy racer x 2 ? Scoop has got me baffled but I'm leaning towards Tyco? How'd you get the american steelies to fit "Merciless Benz" bolt pattern? LOL. This is classic racer! BH

The windscreens are stock 300SLR. Side scoops are from the Allard LeMans.Hood scoop & side pipes are TYCO.Interior / driver is from the Lionel T-Bird.Blue tonneau cover is from a "Parted out car" & is stashed in back of the pasenger seat.
JCW supples the adapters for the "American Steelies" LOL :tongue:

Neal :dude:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Nice work Volvo-

I could see that sitting in a shed at a retired racers house!
I respect the time you put into these :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts