Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What set of cars or releases, would you consider to be rare or most hard to acquire?

I've never seen Muscle Cars 5 R1 or R2 ...and anything on epay fetches a bit of coin.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I've had trouble finding the Calendar Girls series. I finally had to bite the bullet and buy the ones I needed from RC2/Diecast express for $4.99 each plus shipping, which is more than I wanted to pay. I could never find more than one or two at a time on the 'bay, and none in our local stores. I must have missed them at the sponsoring OLDs.

·
Registered
779 Posts
A complete set of Auction Insanity has been difficult to put together.
Sometimes one or two cars in a release or series is so popular that they're picked clean and the remaining cars just sit,so if you wanted the set it's almost impossible to find the missing cars.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
The Sweet series cars were WM exclusives and only a case or two per store were received, so if you missed them they were gone pretty quickly. The Coke Chevelle Tablecloth set might have been WM exclusives too as I recall.

The Auction Insanity and Calendar Girls series just never hit in many areas, except for lately Canada. :D I'm still thinking there are more of those somewhere, unless they were extremely short runs.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
How about that limited TRU run of Mopars that ended up in AutoZone? I got one of them, those seem to run pretty high on the 'bay.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just picked up the Aution Insanity and Calender girls series, and X-men. besides the calender girls i'm not sure if I got all of the other 2 sets.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I'd have to say the Calendar Girls series right now are the hardest for me to get. I too, missed them when our OLD's had them in stock and don't feel like giving $5 + shipping to RC2 or epay for them. Muscle Cars V R1 & 2 were pretty scarce to find as well as the 50th Corvettes R3 & R4. But luckly, I was able to complete the Corvettes back in the day as well as get my hands on the cars I wanted from M.C. Still waiting on a good deal for the Calendar Girls...

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
70XR7 said:
How about that limited TRU run of Mopars that ended up in AutoZone? I got one of them, those seem to run pretty high on the 'bay.
I bought 3 cases of those on e-bay from rudystoys for a very good price, and got 2 WLs to boot. Other than that, I didn't see them in any store except for a single one here or there at Autozone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The local wal-mart got another huge shipment, spent a few hours and $ diving into the bin. but when i surfaced, Jackpot. I get to open a pile tonight!!! i even found a few i can't wait to play with!!!!!

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
70XR7 said:
I found quite a few of them months later at Kaybees.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
69Stang said:
Unless you were first in line with a quality OLD...I would say any complete series from the new 06' - 2007 batch!

Don't even have to first in line, just have to send me an email before they come in and let me know which cars you will want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I couldnt find any of the TRU sets. Our TRU never got the exclusives, but o well. I have a good source in town for all current releases, otherwise I would be turning to Rob and Russ for all of my needs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts