Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as I have been collecting JLs, I have never seen otr heard of this series... Cool car, but says it's a 67 GTX Convertible... I found this on the shelves at Walmart today... Found another one of the Diecast Space.com series a few days ago too... Where are these old ones comming from ?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I am guessing it's a return. I found these at the Wally at the 100 mile marker on Rt 71 in your neighborhood.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
The Pin Up cars were on clearance at K-B Toy. I don't think that series did very well. That's really an awful color for that '67 Plymouth.:drunk:

This Corvette, from the same series, is hideous, IMO.

courtesy jlcollector.net

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
you want hideous? try that vette as a strike with body colored tires..i'll post some pics of the others in the set..i believe there was only 4..and i dont know about rare..in the great big lots scramble of a few years ago, these were EVERYWHERE..the GTO is by far the best in the set,IMHO...

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
As long as I have been collecting JLs, I have never seen otr heard of this series... Cool car, but says it's a 67 GTX Convertible... I found this on the shelves at Walmart today... Found another one of the Diecast Space.com series a few days ago too... Where are these old ones comming from ?

Steve, The JL Pin Up Cars were dumped at all the BigLots 2-3 years ago priced at $3.00ea

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Funny you finding them at wally, never saw them there, just tru, and those two that AMX found are in fact still on pegs at tru, there is a nice wheel vari for the wagon..

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice GTX find, definitely had to be a return. Reminds me of the pink cars Playboy used to give to their Playmates of the Year in the 60s and 70s.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am guessing it's a return. I found these at the Wally at the 100 mile marker on Rt 71 in your neighborhood.

I found that same Cuda at the same Wally World a day or so before I found the pink GTX... Exact same car, but the package is different... Why is that ? And on the price check thing, it rang up 3.97 as one of those Hero Diecast police cars...

This is a first for me !!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I found that same Cuda at the same Wally World a day or so before I found the pink GTX... Exact same car, but the package is different... Why is that ? And on the price check thing, it rang up 3.97 as one of those Hero Diecast police cars...

This is a first for me !!!
Nice Diecastspace Convention Car you found at Walmart ... Weird but very cool to see one at a retail store

I take it that the person who returned it didn't like the Car :rolleyes: :freak:

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
That's wierd I never did see these cars... They seen X rated compared to the Calander Girls cars !!! LOL !!!
Also strange I never ran across any of these on ebay either !!!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Just flip 'em over, Dave. It'll be OK. :eek:
:)
But then your left with full wheel covers on black wall tires...plus you can't realy flip'em 'cuz the tires are sorta "unfinished" on the inside. Ya can't win with this one!

I actually bought the 'Vette. Once you remove the tampos, it looks like an old daily driver with faded paint and no hup caps.:thumbsup:
Plus it's the only one that matches the era of the pin-up chicks.
And the casting itself is great and has been released 23 times, but only twice in stock form

Very strange release that makes no sense what-so-ever. No continuity, and poorly thought out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
:)
But then your left with full wheel covers on black wall tires...plus you can't realy flip'em 'cuz the tires are sorta "unfinished" on the inside. Ya can't win with this one!

I actually bought the 'Vette. Once you remove the tampos, it looks like an old daily driver with faded paint and no hup caps.:thumbsup:
Plus it's the only one that matches the era of the pin-up chicks.
And the casting itself is great and has been released 23 times, but only twice in stock form

Very strange release that makes no sense what-so-ever. No continuity, and poorly thought out.
Those where some of the examples that came out of JL Tom sold to RC2 and after Mac left and went to GL. Johnny lightning went down hill form there. I stopped collecting any new releases.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts