Mcdee

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Oh that was good! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I think I need to explain why I've said it is so rare....this is a copy of what I posted over at the Clubhouse....

There was a run of plastic parts done by Revell for A-corp. The boxes and instruction sheets were also done. That was as far as they got...
From what I can gather the company's defunct and the plastic, boxes, and sheets are probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
The boxes both show a copyright of 1957-2007 Aurora Plastics Corp, West Hempstead, LI,NY. So do the instruction sheets. The name "Aurora" is owned by Cinemodels I believe and I can't imagine them giving the guys who started up LAPCO permission to use the name so chances are very very good that the boxes and instruction sheets will be consigned to the dump. The instruction sheets for both kits are exactly the same even though the planes are marked differently. The groundcrew shown on the instruction sheets are not included in the kit making the instruction sheets even more misleading.
I truly doubt these kits would have seen the light of day in this form. The prices these kits were being advertised at was unrealistic too- especially considering that state of the art Dragon and Eduard kits could be bought for the same price or cheaper!
The only real value in this kit is the rarity of it. The 2007 Aurora copyright is the only thing IMHO that is going for them.

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well stated Chris...:thumbsup:...as with anything collectible, the rarity of the object is usually the determining factor of the items' desirability...in this case, as stated.... two escaped....and this is one of them. To an Aurora Collector and 'Completist', this item by its' inherent nature and history has that desirability.:)
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Thanks Denis.
I've never been that good at explaining things but I don't think the eBay description is misleading, and if any potential bidder asks questions I'll answer them honestly.
This is the only Aurora Plastics Corp.Red Baron Fokker with a 2007 copyright that I (or anyone else I know) am aware of. If anyone else can provide proof of any others in existence I'll pull the auction straight away.....

Chris.:)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Very cool!!

If they collapsed, why are those guys still running a website? Granted the last update was for DEC '07!! They ought to just pull it down.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I understand where you're coming from Buc, but they haven't made it out of the warehouse as far as I know. As I said, the boxes, parts, and instruction sheets were done. I won't argue that. What I'm saying is that none have made their way to the public. I doubt very much that they will.
Having said that, I'm pulling the auction.
I don't think it's gonna be worth the grief.....

Chris.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.