Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a really tough week, I only managed to lurk in HT from time to time...but I can finally show you the photos of the second box. Well...I still can't believe it... :eek: but here are the pictures. I have to appologise for the poor quality, but it was really a cloudy day, and not enough light in my room. I realised that it's quite hard to take photos of cars inside blisters. It's going to be quite a long ride...Let's go. ;)

Some HWs for the beginning. Nice selection, haven't seen a blue Superbird before. I'm accustomed to short cards, so it's really interesting to see the long ones. Some cars are from previous years, when I haven't collected HWs yet. Green Cougar is one of the first cars (if not the first) I bought in year 2002 I think. I gave it to one of my nephews to play with it...and now it seems, it came back. :)

Haven't heard about these before. It says 'fast' on the package...so I think it's time for some racing. :roll:

Maisto Highway Hauler, this was the largest piece in the box!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Some sharp European sportscars...I dig the Jag XJ-220, haven't seen one in 1:64 yet. Racing cars have a CD-s in their package, that's a cool touch! And the first JL...but many more to come.

First set of JLs. Wow, American Beauty...I wonder what's on the poster. :) Sharp rides, from Camaro to Grand Am ( with a bit of Christmas feeling already ).

More JLs, with a CUTE Metropolitan, and WILD Charger. My first lowrider, first JL Superbird and a handsome VW Bus.

A GREAT variety of cars, just about any series you can imagine...even a military vehicle. :eek: It's cool how some cars have "something extra" in the package, such as playing cars, magazine cover etc... it really adds to appeal.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

MODEL KITS, love these! I already opened DeLorean, as it's one of my favorite cars. I must say that it looks great, the paint, the details... very well made! Can't wait to assemble the others.

Pinto and Maverick...one doesn't hear much about these in this Cuda, Camaro times. Cool cars, especially Pinto is charming :p and I love, how there is some info about a car on the back of the card.

My first Muscle Machine cars. Must say, that they have a strong appearance with large engines and tires, the details look very nice too. I couldn't even imagine a small Nash with such an engine, but here it is... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

BWF GTO... 6 letters say everything, don't have much to add :eek: Vette and Nova are from HOW series, my first funny car from RC. It says that the JL Havoline car is powered. Do I need something special to run it? I already opened the Porsche 911, I love the color, and it's cool how the rear engine hood can be opened.

I remember the Superfast name from my childhood, but haven't heard much from them since. There were some in our shops, but veeeery rare. Didn't know they were such a limited edition. It's nice that they come with a collectors box.

WOW! These really surprised me. HW cars from years 1981 & 82. Man...they are almost as old as me, and still in the original packages. Really, really cool! :thumbsup: Even if I didn't own any of these models, they still bring back memories...I guess it's the packaging, the wheels, the whole feeling...super stuff! Amazing...have to keep these archived for the next generations. Oh, and there is a MB GMC Wrecker hiding there too... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Some INTERESTING stuff here. This is the first Treasure Hunt on the long card for me, and a new TH in a loooooooooong time! :cool: That T-Bird Zinger is just WILD looking. Lotus Esprit from the Bond series is one of my favorite movie cars and this JL version is slick!

VERY special stuff from JL an RC. Two Gold Series cars with an incredible detail, painted chassis etc. These are two of the most detailed 1:64 cars I've ever seen...stunning! And that's not all...here is also a WL Superbird in a Go Mango color scheme!!! :devil: Chromed Grand National...this one really shines, and I guess it has to be quite rare. :eek:

And for the last: two issues of Muscle Machines magazine. I have to be honest, I'm subscribed to MM for a few months now, and must say that it's a top magazine. Jeff sent me one issue quite some time ago, and it was so cool I decided to subscribe. And what's incredible is, that including the shipping it's cheaper than most car magazines here in Slovenia. Thank you so much for these two issues, I have a friend ( also an U.S.-car nut ), who reads my MM from time to time, but will ENJOY to have this two issues. I hope you don't mind if I pass them over to an enthusiast.

WOW...my hand is hurting from all the typing... :) Still don't know how to thank you all, Carnut & Company, but all these cars are going to be the very special part of my collection. I would love to type something about every car, but really wouldn't want to bore you any more with my english. :tongue:

So again: THANK YOU! and as I would say: NAJLEPŠA HVALA!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I still haven't found the names of all the folks who kicked in for this massive package; I can recall of course Ozmont, and dadvball, I think Dave_antos364 gave me a few pieces for it, and one of the Bob's here. Possibly Pup? mopar_man, Boogie, Stack, Atencio... who did I miss???

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I enjoyed reading your commentary on all of your cars. It shows your true appreciation for not only the items but for those who gave them to you. It can never be said enough, there are a GREAT BUNCH of people here on HT! Thanks for sharing your haul with the community! :thumbsup: :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts