Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAOK from Carnut in person. Ran into Rich at Walmart tonight. Told him how I liked the new JL Firebird , especially the mags but would not buy it because it was 4.44!

Well, I leave and then I get a call from Rich - he chases me down at the local market and gives me the car. I am lucky, Rich is always doing stuff like this whenever we meet or go to shows.

He's a great guy and glad I can call him my friend - hats off to you Buddy!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Dave_anto364 said:
RAOK from Carnut in person. Ran into Rich at Walmart tonight. Told him how I liked the new JL Firebird , especially the mags but would not buy it because it was 4.44!

Well, I leave and then I get a call from Rich - he chases me down at the local market and gives me the car. I am lucky, Rich is always doing stuff like this whenever we meet or go to shows.

He's a great guy and glad I can call him my friend - hats off to you Buddy!
Truth is I walked up to the register behind Dave and was going to hand it to him as soon as I paid for it (Dave does so much for all of us, I wanted him to have this car). However, by the time the slip printed, Dave was in his car and halfway out of the parking lot. Speedy Gonzalez has nothing on the Salt Flats Celica driven by " Ain't Stoppin' " Antonelli!

I called Dave on his cell phone as he hit the main road, and he said "I'm hittin' the Stop & Shop across the street for Hot Wheels, meet me there!"

Man, that guy can hunt!!!!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
60sMetal said:
Wow - that's pretty cool, hunting you down to RAOK you!
It was a total coninky dink. I stopped at a Wal Mart down the street from Dave's house. Had just checked the pegs and turned right to look at the clearance aisle, instead of turning left to check out.

There he was, right in front of me.

Very cool :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Dave_anto364 said:
Told him how I liked the new JL Firebird , especially the mags but would not buy it because it was 4.44!

Mark did the same thing to me! I was talking to him on the phone one day and he asked me what I thought of the HW Classics. Well, I like the bone shaker a lot, and I don't think I need to tell you how much I love the Firebirds. Told him I had both of them in my hands one day, but put them back. Couldn't bring myself to spend that much that day.

A few days later....they magically appeared in my mail box!!
Lots of great people here.
Rich has gotten me several times, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts