Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick synopsis. Last Monday I suffered a heart attack. I had to have a stent put in one of the valves in my heart. Im doing ok now. But never thought i was having a heart attack. It makes me think twice about things now and also appreciate what I have and those I have in my life. Blane & Eric are 2 of those that I appreciate and am honored to call my friends!
They decided that a little pick me up might help, since I haven't been out "hunting" for a week now. Eric knew that the Nomad was one of my favorite childhood castings. He pulled this car from his personal collection and him and Blane sent it to me. Thank you so much guys for making me feel good and making me enjoy this hobby so much! You guys are great friends.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Eric is truly one of the world's true nice guys! Like you, the Custom Nomad was my favorite from my childhood, but mine was lost in a move 20 or so years ago. I made an offhand comment a couple weeks ago about one identical to the one I had in one of his photos of his recent redline acquisitions, rght down to the "Antifreeze" paint. Out of the blue, he sent me a message telling me to expect a surprisein the mail in a few days. We were on vacation last week but, when we got home there was a small box waiting for me, contaning this beauty:

This wasn't my first RAOK from Eric. A couple of months ago he sent me a pair of "Garage" Vairy-8's since he knows that's a favorite casting of mine (After all, I AM a Corvair fanatic!), but he also included a "Garage" '57 Chrysler 300 with them since he thought I'd like that one too!

I'm glad I have his address... He'll get HIS one of these days, but he won't get any warning!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Sorry to hear of the heart attack. You are posting so that is a good sign that things are going well. Take care of yourself. Very cool on those guys parts.

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
I'm sorry about your heart attack. I'm Glad you are doing alright. Nice Chevy Nomads Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts