Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Is there a date code on that, @Milton Fox Racing?

There is but I was more interested in tracking the series code XIV from the front back then. The date code on the back is 11330. If you start looking at others from that time frame you will find the Item # stays the same as does the UPC code sequence for castings from that front series of XIV. And they all changed when Series XV was issued! Based on that information I will update my database and photo references to indicate that this was a 2014 issue.

Miasto
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
2,055 Posts
There is but I was more interested in tracking the series code XIV from the front back then. The date code on the back is 11330. If you start looking at others from that time frame you will find the Item # stays the same as does the UPC code sequence for castings from that front series of XIV. And they all changed when Series XV was issued! Based on that information I will update my database and photo references to indicate that this was a 2014 issue.

Miasto
by Milton Fox, on Flickr
Interesting, so it sounds like the series number is just the year. I wonder how far back they used that card style with the series number. Was there actually a series I? Or did they start farther up on whatever year they first introduced this style? Both of those cars are still being produced, unchanged as far as I can tell, so I don't know how they were really differentiating the series. It would be interesting to find the same car on two or more different series cards.

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting, so it sounds like the series number is just the year. I wonder how far back they used that card style with the series number. Was there actually a series I? Or did they start farther up on whatever year they first introduced this style? Both of those cars are still being produced, unchanged as far as I can tell, so I don't know how they were really differentiating the series. It would be interesting to find the same car on two or more different series cards.

It seems pretty evident that just like other brands (Matchbox, Hot Wheels, etc) they used the packaging information. And while the body and/or color may have stayed the same - the wheels sets used over time did not and still dont.

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is an interesting Maisto package that I have not ever seen before! 🤙

1 - 20 of 35 Posts