Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
What scale would you say that is?
1:500 scale. In my mind, this ship design predates the Original Series Enterprise by at least 20 years. Instead of placing this design after the original series I think it fits in better as a predecessor to the design of the U.S.S. Discovery in the upcoming series.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
1:500 scale. In my mind, this ship design predates the Original Series Enterprise by at least 20 years. Instead of placing this design after the original series I think it fits in better as a predecessor to the design of the U.S.S. Discovery in the upcoming series.
My guess was 1:500 and I agree that it looks more like a predecessor rather than a descendant.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Got some work done on the shuttlebay, a few more details to add in there yet.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
More work done on the tiny Jefferies shuttlecraft. For size reference, the squares on the board are 1 CM, 10 MM or slightly larger than 3/8 of an inch.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This model needs a name . This one seems to me to be a great candidate to be the never seen SS Valiant lost during the expedition to the galactic barrier where the Valiant encountered a magnetic space storm that overwhelmed her impulse engines and swept the vessel into the energy barrier at the edge of the galaxy. Great work!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
This model needs a name . This one seems to me to be a great candidate to be the never seen SS Valiant lost during the expedition to the galactic barrier where the Valiant encountered a magnetic space storm that overwhelmed her impulse engines and swept the vessel into the energy barrier at the edge of the galaxy. Great work!
Good idea but the timeline is wrong for this to be that Valiant. I see this ship as the predecessor to the USS Discovery from the new TV series. I imagine that this class ship predates the Constitution class ships by around 20 years, launched around 2225. I thought about using one of the Space Shuttle names but that brings up the specter
of there being yet another Enterprise in the timeline, and I don't want to open that can of worms. I am actually thinking of calling it the USS McQuarrie, but that is not set in stone.
After looking online I find no ship or class of ship with the McQuarrie name so I have decided that this is a McQuarrie class ship, still thinking about the name for this ship.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts