Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I guess it's too late in the game to consider lights...
When I had to rebuild the secondary hull a few weeks ago I considered it but decided against it because I thought I had finalized the saucer section. After that I decided to rebuild the saucer and I could have added lights then but I was happy with the secondary hull and did not want to cut into it to do that. If I ever do another one I will light it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
But your version of the saucer bears no visual relation to the Baker/McQuarrie design which had a very oblate sphereoid (basically a radically squashed ball) for a saucer.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
But your version of the saucer bears no visual relation to the Baker/McQuarrie design which had a very oblate sphereoid (basically a radically squashed ball) for a saucer.
I am not actually trying to copy the McQuarrie design, just putting my own ideas into a similar design. I never really liked the saucer design of the original so I am making something that looks like it fits into the Trek universe.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Bridge turbolift detail:

Basic shape and size of warp nacelle worked out:

Close up of nacelle:

Decided on a scale of 1:500 for this model, making the ship 1000 ft long and the saucer 425 ft in diameter, one deck thick at the rim. I also place this design, (at least in my mind) at around 20 to 25 years before the construction of the Constitution class.
I know the original McQuarrie design was intended to be a replacement for the original Enterprise but this just makes more sense, especially with the design of the Discovery coming 10 years before Kirk takes command of Enterprise.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Added the curved edge to the leading edge of the wings, will also add this detail to the leading edge of the dorsal.

More work done to the tiny shuttle.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Care to put a soda pop can beside her , for scale comparison?:nerd:
Thanks,
-Jim G.G.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts