Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Rainbow's End" All the colors of the Rainbow and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another of those crisply cast Affinity Series HW '63 Impalas.
1963, just a couple of years before the whole Haight/Ashbury Freak Festival Love-In scene exploded West to East across young America.

These castings are $7 - $9 on the Internet.

Stripped, filed and sanded of all imperfections and then rubbed down with #3 Steel Wool for a spun lustre finish, perfect for good paint adhesion.

Primered and the Roof is then shot a mixture of SnowWhite Pearl with a drop of Oriental Blue Intensifier, then very lightly InterCoat Cleared and taped,
The body is then shot Shimrin White,
Decals are applied and front and rear Windshield trim is free handed.

Once again, thanks to the superior properties and capabilities of Tamiya Masking Tape, the tiny thin apron below the rear window is left intact as part of the roof, just as on the "Apache Summer '63".

4mm Center Caps cover up an open end axle rim and add to the Bling of this style wheel.

Clearcoated with HOK Urethane Enamel Clear and a dash of Brilliant Gold Pearl Powder Additive.

All Products Used Are Exclusively House Of Kolor, Of Course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decals are created with Clear InkJet Decal Paper from Papilio.com

Rivet reassembly for that clean professional factory appearance.

Stay Tuned for the "Octopus' Garden" 1963 Impala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man those are sweet!I've always played around with custom paint and what not but nothing like this you 've got a great talent. I bought a 69 Chevy truck (HW) last summer cuz my brother in law just bought a real 69 chevy and I wanted to customize it just the way his looks any hints or ideas as I'm new to this How do you go about sanding or priming the car for new paint and how do you change wheels and rims I understand you pull them from another car or whatever but how do you remount them and whats the easiest way of going about all of this. I own several nitro powered rc cars and trucks and always customize those just need some tips on how to do this and then I'll have a new hobby!! Where do you get the right paints and parts! Thanx for the help!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Pat

I love the one with the blue top. I want one!
Thanks Bob,
I got your Email,
I'll get back with you later tonight,
QUOTE:
Wow

Thanks Austin.

QUOTE:
Man those are sweet!I've always played around with custom paint and what not but nothing like this you 've got a great talent.

Thanks Smokie,
I've got Ribs on the grille,
When finished I'll leave you several links here to my "CadillacPat Customizing Tutorials" that will answer your questions and get you started,
Check back in a little while,

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wow Pat, the one with the blue roof is just amazing! I think if you threw that one in the air with every one who commented on these in the room, you could easily start a riot! LOL :p

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where yat James,
Glad you like it,

Hey Smokie,
Here's the link to a list of several Tutorials in my "CadillacPat's Customizing Tutorials & Tips" here on HobbyTalk.

Scroll through this list and you'll find what you need to get started or assist with what you're already doing.

Everything written within is from years of finding out what works best and in some cases easiest.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=264803

If you have any questions just post them,

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts