Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i never got a chance to race today due to either my speed control went bad or my spectrum module is acting up. here's what happened i could go out and practice and not have any problems everything worked fine but when i went out to run my heat races i would intermittenely lose my car would have no throttle or steering then it would come back and then go away again. i tried two different recievers and tried to re bind my radio and reciever again to no avail. i tried different battery packs to make sure it wasn't a battery problem. anyone had anything like this happen before? i would also try it between rounds and it was just fine, it only seemed to happen when there were other cars on the track. there was both regular fm and pcm radios in my heat as well as other spektrum setups. please helppppp

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with 3 spectrum receivers. Take apart the receivers and you will see 2 circuit boards, take the top on off carefully. It is held in by 3 or 4 pins that look like a plug. clean the pins and just barely bend the slightly to make better contact. put the board back on and put a small piece of foam on top of the small board and the top of the case. This will most likely solve your problem.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wide Open said:
I had the same problem with 3 spectrum receivers. Take apart the receivers and you will see 2 circuit boards, take the top on off carefully. It is held in by 3 or 4 pins that look like a plug. clean the pins and just barely bend the slightly to make better contact. put the board back on and put a small piece of foam on top of the small board and the top of the case. This will most likely solve your problem.
this sounds good but i do know that the second reciever worked fine the last time it was used thats why i'm thinking it is either the speed control or the module. thnks for your help i will try it out.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm using a gtb 2004 servo and i've never run a cap or had this problem in the year i've had this setup

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
Al,
I think we need to try a different speedo. I'm not positive that will fix it but it will eliminate a variable.
If you don't have a spare next week at MP I will have something you can use.

·
Registered
101 Posts
im running a real old tekin esc and i thought i quit on me a while ago and bought a cheap dura until i could get a new better one and when that one broke u broke out the old tekin and wired it back up and held the setup button and it started working so if you ever have a problem with them try that first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts