Hobbyist Forums banner

1761 - 1780 of 1781 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey guys with most of us racing at this new track in foxboro, why dont we make a class with LIPO. I'd ike to see maybe the trucks. Brushless 21.5, LIPO batts (don't know the size), and a Truck body. Mabe even spec tires. With everyone having a tough times, this could be way to race cheep. Like to hear some feedback.

Rick Albernaz
K.P. Motorsports (the company that broke me) lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rick if we go lipo we have to get new chargers and new battery and that is more money to spend Why can't we just run what we all ready have????

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
jim is right i think that that with this being a brand new place lets try and get guys racing right away with what they all ready have. plus we do not know just how big this track is and there is no lipo that compares to stock speeds. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I agree...Also....I think we should wait to see what Lipo batteries are being allowed at other tracks in New England.....I think K/N is only allowing up to 3200's...not sure if Maximus is leaning towards 3200's or 5000....I say let the dust settle 1st.....this way
we will get a better idea...I dont want to buy 5000's then find out I have to buy 3200's to go to other tracks......

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i am pretty sure that heath is putting off any lipo decisions until next year, working on keeping the tour going this year with his other races. let the dust clear on lipo

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think that LiPO is going to be a great thing. Having a battery that will last all night. Wow. Between brushless and LiPO it will take a lot of cost out of R/C. Also SPEC racing, like our Mod class was fun. I think that a Truck class similar would be great. I'd Like to take to Heath and Mike to see where there going to go. Then mabe after the holidays this might be a way to go. But as for now Lets RACE!!!

Rick Albernaz

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
gentlemen....(yeah right)
......I spoke with jerry the owner today and they are hoping to start laying the carpet down this weekend........They are shooting for the following weekend for racing....It depends if the drivers stand is contructed and the barriers....It should be another week or 2......Also.....For the 1st few weeks or so we have have to set up our own tables as
they will take some time to construct thiers....So plan on bringing some tables and chairs for pitting.....They are also looking for some donations concerning any chairs someone wants to get rid of.....As I am updated I will update you guys

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Also....Lets start a new thread so we dont keep jumping form one and the other....
check out ***rchover, Foxboro Mass*** started on this thread

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
ya al there was a few guys up there last week track is small and fast. it looks like some guys are heading up there tonight racing starts at 6pm.

·
R/C Nut
653 Posts
Track and entertainment center CLOSED

Yes the place closed last spring,some of the guy's have been trying to get RC Hover going

1761 - 1780 of 1781 Posts