Hobbyist Forums banner
321 - 340 of 1,781 Posts
Discussion starter · #323 ·
ok well heres what i'm getting out of it. are you suggesting off set pod thats what i'm getting at. thats the only way i could think of you suggesting there.it's hard to explain with out showing in person. and i'm not sure if ksg uses a different top plate for off set pod. but i think it's just one just gotta move the balls around..lol whatexactly do you want to do? and i can paint a better picture for you. let me know. Brad

Discussion starter · #324 ·
john first thing i would do if i were you and no one else please take offense to this i know this was a few other peoples car. take the thing completely apart back to the way it would be in a kit everything.that car has some issues every where and the front end is the main thing that needs tlc. but you stated it's not even a ksg top plate on it..... get the correct parts for it and throw it back together with the correct setup. make sure all the spindles kingpins hubs axle rear aluminum shock mount and anything bendable on that car is straight. then if it is put it back together if not replace the bent parts.i had my car running good for a while and one week the car felt off just a little and you know what it was the pin going threw the castor block holding the top arm was bent a little throwing the castor camber and toe a little out of wack i fixed that and the car was back to normal.and that was only getting hit once. it's unbeleiveable what a little bend in the front end can do. let me know how you make out. Brad

brad i want to run the rear pod standard.. and it looks like their is an offset top plate to the right why would someone do that??? i just orderd the standard top plate. me and scud took the hole car apart and put it back together.the shockbodys where bent,the front end had the #2 locator on the left. .100 pushing the left tire out father than the right side so we swaped them around. the bottom pod plate is standard thats why i wanted to know why the top plate would be offset.. let me know what you think ..?? the top plate hangs to the right that means it is offset right??

Hey John i am pretty sure that there is a different top plate for the gen2 when you want to offset the t-plate. As far as offsetting the pod or leaving that standard can be done on any of the top plates. Mike

Ya that is a good place to start. I would probably start with the centered pod and adjust from there. I know that the fastest i went with my gen1 was with a offset pod, so i would not assume that it wont work.

Discussion starter · #331 ·
john centered pod center tplate start from there. what ever you do make sure everything is straight and is the right pieces or you only adding to the nightmare. who put that car together like that anyway. i know mayhem had it before but he's been racing to long and knows what he's doing. as for albernaz who knows with im..... j/k rick. but that looks like it's been thru hell and back. get it done right and the car will be alot better. let me know how you make out. Brad

Practice Question.....When is the best time(besides tuesday nights) to get some practice time on the track with a SK? I really need to get some track time before the beefy midnight race. Is the track open during the day, say if i go early on a thursday, get in some track time before racing starts? looking for some help here. thanks after looking at the calender, not much time left. ok maybe the thursday and/or friday before the race.

Best Practice Time?

Thurs before Racing is usually good they open at 12:00 and Wed nite Use to be good not sure now Fri Sat Sun NOT GOOD too many Partys and Kids useing the Track Hope this Helps

That's a start. If i can get verification that they are open at noon next thursday, I believe i'll try to make plans to be there. I say this cuz I've been there in the early afternoon at times during the week, and they weren't open.

Beefy Products Midnight Mayhem

Modified Event at Radical Rick’s Race City

MARCH 3rd 2007

The door will open at 8pm for this event with a dinner preceding racing. The dinner will consist of Clam Boil, BBQ Chicken, & Burgers. ALL You Can Eat (or until the food is gone)

Qualifying will begin at midnight.

The cost for the event will be $30 with the dinner or $15 with no dinner.

WWW.RADICALRICKSRC.COM

Discussion starter · #338 ·
long time no see guys!!!!!!! lol cya all next week and it looks like i'll be racing the s/k race too. so are some other guys you may be suprised to see. looking forward to it but i'll have a defanite answer soon. Brad

321 - 340 of 1,781 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.