Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest) how difficult would it be to put together a complete set of Racing Dreams?
This includes the k mart, diamond comics and JL direct versions.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest) how difficult would it be to put together a complete set of Racing Dreams?
This includes the k mart, diamond comics and JL direct versions.
thanks for the contest:thumbsup:

seriously though, i spent two years putting together most of the set which includes collector club exclusives....and then i learned about the kiss diamond cars and that took another three years to finally get a set i could afford....

good luck should you choose to undertake this quest

PW

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
6 Releases

Rel.1 4 cars
Rel.2 4 cars
Rel.3 10 cars
Rel.4 6 cars
Rel.5 4 cars
Rel.6 9 cars

Diamond comics exclusive 4 car set (Blue Kiss funny cars)
K Mart exclusive 4 car set (Blue Kiss stock cars)
2 JL Direct exclusives (Pez stock car and Coast guard stock car) = 47 cars total

Looks like that's 1 car short of 4 dozen Al.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have them all only because I got them as they were released and didn't have to back track and try to find them on the secondary market.

I was asking how difficult it would be because it's been a long time and you never see too many for sale, no matter where you look.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I have them all only because I got them as they were released and didn't have to back track and try to find them on the secondary market.

I was asking how difficult it would be because it's been a long time and you never see too many for sale, no matter where you look.
You did very well! It is difficult collecting a set with so many exclusives. I feel proud to have the entire mopar or no car series. It is over 100 cars when you have all the real rubber tire variations.
I also was able to complete the Monopoly set including all the ToysRUs, KB, and Target exclusives. Its nice to see people here collecting their hobby's with such great interest and pride!----Al.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
You did very well! It is difficult collecting a set with so many exclusives. I feel proud to have the entire mopar or no car series. It is over 100 cars when you have all the real rubber tire variations.
I also was able to complete the Monopoly set including all the ToysRUs, KB, and Target exclusives. Its nice to see people here collecting their hobby's with such great interest and pride!----Al.
All the Mopar and Monopoly cars WOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The thing I really miss is being able to go into a store and actually find those JL cars hanging on the pegs, what a rush!
I miss the hunt and it somehow seemed more satisfying trying to track something down physically rather than ordering from an OLD and just waiting for the mail to come.

Also miss the cardboard packaging those cars came in, as well as the price.
Never was a fan of clamshell packaging, except for the Racing Dreams series, which is something that looks better entombed.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sometimes I wish I would have bought doubles of some things just so I could have helped someone fill holes in their collections.
I never thought about that kind of thing at the time and probably would have gone broke trying to do it, plus I didn't want to hoard everything I found.
One of each was good enough for me, had to leave something for the next guy.

Wyatt, you are the last person I would have suspected to have holes in your collection.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The thing I really miss is being able to go into a store and actually find those JL cars hanging on the pegs, what a rush!
I miss the hunt and it somehow seemed more satisfying trying to track something down physically rather than ordering from an OLD and just waiting for the mail to come.

Also miss the cardboard packaging those cars came in, as well as the price.
Never was a fan of clamshell packaging, except for the Racing Dreams series, which is something that looks better entombed.
I agree with you on both counts. Nothing against OLDs, but being able to find it, take it off the peg and pay for it at the same time was half the fun. The first set of JLs I became interested in was the Top Fuel Legends after seeing them in a KB outlet. I was in sales and on the road so it was easy to hit all the local KBs to complete the set. That led to the Stock Car and Funny Car Legends, Showstoppers, and Racing Machines. Thank goodness for KB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts