Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who might be wondering, yes the track IS being repaired. Myself, Ken & his son started last night. The back stretch has been completely pulled up from the exit of 2 to the entry in 3 and other sections will be done as needed on a spot by spot basis, the worst of it as some of you saw was the back it was UGLY, but it looks like it will lay back down just as smooth as it was before. This was THE Saturday night place to race in 2004 and 2005 should prove to be no different. Call Ken for the fall schedule @ 518-792-7272.

P.S. If any of you are in a giving mood & have some spare time we could use some extra hands on this.

Thanks,
John

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
The Jet said:
John,

U-L-G-Y for sure, LOL, but didn't much effect the car. I'll be looking forward to the first race. All kinds of new stuff on the way :thumbsup:

See you soon.
Later, 10%
I ran there the other day and i couldnt do anything. I pulled it after 1 pack. It would catch the body and in the corners the tiling was coming up so it would catch the car mid corner and shoot it to the infield. My new KSG CS is dialed tho. Looking forward to another action packed year. With alot of traveling this year. Anyone who wants to take me places feel free to ask :thumbsup:

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
The Jet said:
How'd the repairs go??? Getting the weekly itch, and heard some intend to show this Saturday.

See ya'll soon.
Later, 10%
track is good, no racing this weekend. There was last week 4 people showed and 2 of them was their first time. Needless to say 2 busted bearings and 4 broke body posts later the night was finnaly over :rolleyes: i had wayyyy more fun in open mod mini-t lap times of around high 4's to low 5's and now that i have my mcallister dirt mod body on it it should be evern more fun!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The repairs went well the back stretch is 110% better than it was. It's as close to being a "POOL TABLE" as we can get it. There are a couple of new patches going into 3 but they fit perfectly NO BUMP. The only thing that we may do and I emphasize the word may, is the center piece in the corners. they're not great but until we get some cars on them to see if there is a problem i don't want to mess with it. So everybody come on up and give it a try.

Here's the schedule.

September 17 & 18th no racing

September 24 on road 7pm
September 25 oval 6pm

October 1 on road 7pm
October 2 oval 6pm

October 8 & 9 no racing SUPER DIRT WEEK

October 15 NO on road racing
October 16 oval 6pm

October 22 on road 7pm
October 23 oval 6pm

October 30 on road 7pm both nights
October 31 oval 6pm **SPECIAL EVENT** Details TBA

November 5 - December 18
on road every Friday night @ 7PM
oval every Saturday night @ 6PM

Classes
ON ROAD 1/10 Touring Cars (4wd)
1/12 Touring & 1/12 GTP (if any interest)

OVAL 1/10 4 cell pan cars stock, (19t & open mod if any interest)
stadium trucks, Mini-T's & 1/10 EDM gearbox (if any interest)

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
harringBONE said:
i love racing!
harrington! i heard you were wussin out this year man :p ...hope to see you around I had a blast last year. This year should be good once people start showing up and all. see ya 'round

·
Registered
555 Posts
heck yeah, although the racing budget has been cut this year, so we'll be racing stock. i cant wait, SGF always has a stout stock crowd, and i like racing there, great place. i hope they get the yearly bugs worked out again, last year the track was wicked fast, mod pushing low 2.9's!!!! dont blink

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
All i can say is the track is way better now then it was when i raced on it in august....hats off to Ken and whomever for doin all the work......now all we need is some more guys to show. See you all soon ...big D..............

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am planning on coming out this Saturday (9/25) is there any interest in running mod this weekend? Also if Pedro comes out as well would we be able to run mod if there was just 2 of us?

Zig

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
:mad: Holy ?@#!, I knew someone woluld have to say something negative. That track is 110% better than it was a month ago, and since when did we start racing on pool tables! Ken, Chris & I literally busted our asses to get it back close to where it was last year. No one else offered to throw in an extra hand so don't criticize for what you wouldn't do yourself, but for Wee and those of you worried about the gap coming out of 2 it's way out of the racing grove about a foot in from the outer wall. I don't know anyone who "RACES" out there. However if it becomes a HUGE ISSUE of course we'll repair it, and by the way if you are racing out there maybe you should consider a different hobby like pottery or knitting because you are definately not up to the task in this game.

John:mad:

P.S. If you want to see a track that's rough try attending a week long event on a temporary track where they race 24/7, by the end of the week there isn't even a track left you're racing on the plywood sub floor!!!!! I think some of us need to learn to appreciate what we have right in our own back yards instead of bitching about the small imperfections. We didn't have to repair anything, but the racing was so good last year that we felt it was the right thing to do.

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
aww old high and hard wont be thrilled haha. I know a few of us might be in maine this weekend and wont be able to come to the show this weekend.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts