• Go with 2 heats (6 PM)

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • leave things alone (6 PM)

Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Is this an official poll ? If so i say start at 4pm and go with 3 heats and the main . getting home at 1am really suks and i'm not liking that .

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
I voted start earlier but how come 8 people voted and only 4 responded? If we start earlier i think that would be alot better im already there at 11 anyways. lol

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The problem with starting at 3:00 IMO is two-fold. One, alot of guys work Saturdays and won't be able to make it. Two, realistically for a 3:00 race means getting there at around 1:00 and probably getting home at around 10:00pm. Speaking strickly for myself, this means very little Saturday time with my family. If I have to make the choice, racing will always come in 2nd. I will be forced to either stop or go elsewhere. I'm not sure a poll on here will truly represent the majority of racers. Some guys don't even know this site exists. Maybe a poll at the track would yield a more accurate opinion. I voted for 2 heats and a main, getting home at 1:00am is getting old in a hurry. But hey I'm only a hacker what the heck do I know :p !!
On a side note, some of us have access to many computers with different ISPs. It wouldn't be difficult to join the group here and vote numerous times undetected. For this reason alone any results generated should be treated with skepticism.

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
Im down for whatever will draw the most people in. Last night i got home late and i live 15 mins from the track. I was so busy running 3 classes i didnt have time to eat so after the race i went to scottys on exit 16 and had breakfast at 1:30am haha didnt get home till 2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
it really doesn't matter to me what time we start I am there early anyways
3 heat's gives you that one extra chance to make a better run to make a better main
but on the other hand getting out late and the time it takes me to drive home which is almost one-hour of driving so maybe two heat's and the mains might be better

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
how come no one knows about the trophy race? *shrugs* i would make a thread but i dont know the exact times i just know its sunday.

·
Registered
203 Posts
all i know is, if the races start before 6 i cant make it and anyone else that works on saturdays. a long time ago, a track in malta on route 9 used to have all the beginner class's during the day (trucks, novice) and the more experience class's (6 cell stock and mod) at night. that way all the kids can get home early. I still think thats a good idea.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well being a guy who hacked through 10th scale and couldnt quite get it and now owns a mini t i wouldnt mind seeing the classes slightly overlap maybe start the mini-t and truck classes earlier so it overlaps there mains into 1st heat of 10th scale kens shop is a business and if you isolate the two the t drivers will not aspire to run the higher classes if they are not exposed to it. being a guy who works sunday mornin iam all for getting done earlier i would like to get my 11 yo son involved but i dont want to keep him out 1am if you run these classes earlier it will take away some of the playground effect and make more room for the 10th and 12th scale guys

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thats why a 3pm start would be better all the way around but it hurts the guys who work also .....I say run the mini T heats and mains at 3,then everything else at 6 pm......who cares you'll never please everyone no matter where you race Renns or Ken's :roll: i just hate blowin all day sunday for 15 minutes of racin and paying to race is one thing but it's just like payin to work when you have to help teardown the track. :roll:I'm CONFUSED,who knows

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
KirtC said:
Hey Jet

Aren't you glad you started this ?!?

I think you have the start of the next reality TV show!
Whats wrong with voting and expressing your opinion? :confused: I thought thats what he wanted!!! I haven't read any negative comments or flaming opinions. Maybe you should go back and re-read the entire thread and explain to us whats wrong! BTW do you race at Glens Falls?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts