Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some of my old, old time police cars... Not really the best of quality, but back in the late 80s, and early 90s, ya settled for what ya got !!!
They're still pretty cool !!!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
"SHOW ME"? Okay, "show me" ONE police department anywhere at any time in the 1950's and 60's that used top-of-the-line coupes and hardtops like Impalas and Crown Victorias as cruisers! No points here for accuracy. IMHO, these should have been Ford Mainlines and Chevy 150's and Biscaynes.

(I had to qualify my comment with the dates for the inevitable wags who would be sure to mention the Police SEDANS of the 1980's to the present wearing those once proud names ontheir flanks.)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Can you just picture the look on one of those police officersif they were to see a modern day cruiser with it lights an sound bar going. They would most likely leap up wondering "What in creation was that"?:):thumbsup:

·
Registered
520 Posts
While I have some RC 1:64 only have street cars, not police. Never realized RC put a cage divider in their police cars which is a cool little detail! :)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
"SHOW ME"? Okay, "show me" ONE police department anywhere at any time in the 1950's and 60's that used top-of-the-line coupes and hardtops like Impalas and Crown Victorias as cruisers! No points here for accuracy. IMHO, these should have been Ford Mainlines and Chevy 150's and Biscaynes.

(I had to qualify my comment with the dates for the inevitable wags who would be sure to mention the Police SEDANS of the 1980's to the present wearing those once proud names ontheir flanks.)
I've always felt the same way!! :lol: But still, they are cool. I have a few, including a couple '56 Nomads.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Can you just picture the look on one of those police officersif they were to see a modern day cruiser with it lights an sound bar going. They would most likely leap up wondering "What in creation was that"?:):thumbsup:

The same way that firefighters of that generation would react to today's rigs. I know I have posted this picture before but one of the rigs is the current first due for the City of Scottsbluff and one is the retired Engine 1 for the city.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts