Hobbyist Forums banner

Racing Champions 49 Lincoln Sample Issue#1 Nascar Card

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Milton Fox Racing 
#1 ·
I found this Racing Champion 50th Anniversary 49 Lincoln with Nascar special history card Issue#1. What is important is that on it its written Not for production sample.purpose only . What it means and does it make more valuable ??

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The series would have been released in 1998 with the 50th anniversary of NASCAR. I had a number of cars from this series in my collection at one time and am thinking this was the card that they used for the release of the models. I am guessing this one was a sample for the staff to review before the final decision was made. I would guess it might have a little extra value because of those markings but would have no idea what that might be. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
Unfortunately, NASCAR castings are still at a low in value. Your example may be different though as it is a pre production review piece as @pjedsel notes above. Here is an example of the front and back of a released regular casting from that series. Which would match up to the car. But your packaging is going to be for the gold series releases. Can you show us the back of your card too? Does it have any hand written numbers or notes on it?

Racing Champions NASCAR 50th Anniversary Ricky Rudd Tide #10
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1998 Racing Champions NASCAR 50th Anniversary Commemorative Gold Series 1953 Corvette Roadster 1 of 1,998
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

1998 Racing Champions NASCAR 50th Anniversary Commemorative Gold Series 1953 Corvette Roadster 1 of 1,998
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

Reactions: samace22
#6 ·
You can add a photo as an attachment from your device now as you did above or wait until your 5th post to link one from another innerwebz source. The easiest way though is to cut and paste your image directly into a reply box. The imaging software here will resize your image to fit the reply box format used. 🤙

You can already see the differences between your pre production mock up and what was distributed by Racing Champions in 1998. The other differences on the card back will be as interesting to see as well. That alone will increase the value of this casting. Tanks for posting your casting! Do you have more cars to share with us?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.