Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,695 Posts
That is so cool! Must be from TAS, what if. I can see Sulu behind the controls, he loves to go for speed. Got to say, you have an original here. What is next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Cool,
sweet!..... an old version picklefork tunnelhull Formula 1 boat....I almost raced these professionally, had a sponsor through Johnson Racing,(owner was a dear friend) but chose college instead, what was I thinking lol
I have this model as well as a few others, including some scratchbuilts. the Seabold F1 boat is my fav, but alas they never sold a plastic kit of this......so PerfesserCoffee, you a fan of Tunnelhulls?
Best,
Will
 

·
Starship Class
Joined
·
11,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks, fellows! I was hoping you'd like it. :p

Wbnemo1 said:
Cool, sweet!..... an old version picklefork tunnelhull Formula 1 boat....I almost raced these professionally, had a sponsor through Johnson Racing,(owner was a dear friend) but chose college instead, what was I thinking lol
Oh, but to have come so close to such an adventure! :thumbsup: I'm sure you got the thrill of some racing/boating beforehand, though.

Wbnemo1 said:
I have this model as well as a few others, including some scratchbuilts. the Seabold F1 boat is my fav, but alas they never sold a plastic kit of this......so PerfesserCoffee, you a fan of Tunnelhulls?
Though never diving into all the intricacies of racing boats and such, I've always admired the lines of these type vessels. I kept a BW pic from a newspaper for a long time back when I was in H.S. of one of these flipped upside down in a race. Strangely enough, if you looked at the photo upside down, it appeared that the boat was re-entering the atmosphere from space.

Lloyd said:
That is so cool! Must be from TAS, what if. I can see Sulu behind the controls, he loves to go for speed. Got to say, you have an original here. What is next?
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking when I put the Star Trek insignia on it. Not quite like the Aquashuttle or speedboat from The Ambergris Element but very spacey in appearance.

kylwell said:
It's the new Evinrude shuttle.
:p

Except for the Evinrude motor itself, the boat could be made to look very shuttle-like. The pontoons could be nacelles and an impulse engine could be added to the back.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Can you imagine the rooster tail o' water that bugger will throw up at 1/4 impulse? :D

Love it, just absolutely love it ! Nicely done sir :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Howdy,
sure did! started with a Class b 3 point hydro, then ran class c's(very on edge!and fast) and got to dive a tunnel. I was kinda working my way up, and would eventually be trying F1 boats, perhaps moving on the Unlimited hydros....sigh! Tunnels were good for 128 mph+++, and they turn on a dime...pure adrenaline rush and I loved it. I was in Highschool at the time as well.

Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
ooh quick story about rooster tails......we had this boat bully down and the lake that used to run his jet boat on the weekends swamping other boats purposly with his cool roostertail.....why he did this we could never figure out......just being a jerk...Anyway, We were testing out a class c picklefork nose hydro, and sure enough the idiot tried to swamp me at the launch area cutting a curve close...(personally,I'd never had a problem with this guy) so I launched and decied to do the guy a huge favor....I know I shouldnt have, but he really needed to know what boat was king of the rooster tails, i changed the angle setting of my motor slightly and put a forty footer across his transom...shame on me...he stopped doing it to the locals after that, so perhaps I did them a service. sure miss playing!!!!
Will
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top