Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i have to do to get the front end ride height higher? all i have is the location spacer between the lower control arm and the chassis.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
the only other thing I can say is bigger tires, but cant imagine that your cars ride height is too low just siting, if bottoming out check for collasped springs etc.. usualy tell by siting or pushing down, as if you were entering the corner on the track. i dont think there is more than an 1/8 of travel in the front end but could be wrong

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Something definately sounds wrong... I mean I was/am running 2.03 (TM) diameter tires.. I still have a couple of thin shims under my front end.. Im not dragging.. Im like 5.5 mm.. How much droop is in the front end?? Also how much RAKE is in the chassis??? For instance if you Jack it up in the rear like a 1970's car then the front will drag...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Could your steering blocks be in backwards? Right to Left, Left to right? If you have them on the wrong sides it would lower the front end. Easy mistake.

·
Registered
662 Posts
something is definelty wrong. i had a carpet pro not that long ago just got rid of it and i never had that problem with it. go through the front end and make sure everything is right. other then the front end i can't see what would be wrong unless you had 1/12 tires on it. and does this car have the floater pod on it in the rear?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this racetech was bought new in about 2001 and it does have locator plates. the locator plates are thick, about the same thickness as the spacers and locator plate put together in tommyguns picture. i have new ksg springs and i checked the steering blocks and all looks right so i took the lower control arms to work and milled .060 off and that took care of it. thanks to every one with your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts