Hobbyist Forums banner

Racestreet Raceway in New Castle

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  latemodel100 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, Butch and Burke wanted to get some opinions from you guys to help better the track. They want you guys to post any suggestions that you have to better the track or the racing. They want to hear if you guys have any ideas that might improve your racing experience at Racestreet. Any suggestions would be helpful whether it is the track, the race set up, or the atmosphere they want to know. Also, they wanted to know what you guys think about a 2 day trophy race of only 4 cell stock and 4 cell 19 turn racing and even possibly mod. They know that some guys may not like the Legend and Busch cars but want to get people racing the 4 cell classes more. Any suggestions on this would help to. Also, next weekend on the 28th will be the next round of the East vs West challenge between Racestreet and Joe's Hobby Barn. Racing will be the same time as usual but everyone is encouaged to come out and support the tracks.
Thanks

#2 ·
From my experance at 3 local tracks you don't want to discourage any class from change, for you don't want to loose any racers no matter what they want to run. People at this time don't want to spend alot of cash just to race. It takes more than 1 class to support a track. Hopes this helps...

#3 ·
They will run any class that has enough show up to run on regular race days. The trophy race is just this one time deal to see how it works to get the guys to race who only want to race the more expensive classes to come back and run again. Our regular races are Busch, Legends, and sometimes 19t and indycar. If their is enough to make a class then it will be ran. They just want suggestions for improvement that will help attract more racers and also the racers who used to race but run elsewhere now. Also, Racestreet wants to help support other tracks and that is the reason for the East vs West challenge. If guys don't support each others tracks then eventually racing will die even more than it has.

#4 ·
Blueracer.....paul

hey yes i'll be at new Castle this saturday the 21st
I'm sure if brent is there and some others we can run 4 cell stock.
If they wan't to run 19 turn i have a extra motor (i have two from snowbirds that should be fine, i want to try one out there anyway)
as for 19 turn roll out goes about 190
for stock i ran new years day and set track record with 58 4:00
i ran a i think 200 roll out don't hold me to that i'll have to check my notes.

To all those racers who don't like New Castle to each their own.
New Castle is small and tight turned track, but you have to be able to drive it.
sometimes thats what makes a good driver is someone who can drive any track any where

For the people who run Racestreet Raceway (burke, butch, chris, and jeff and anyone else) the are some very nice guys who are there so we the racers have a place to race.
They have been there thru thick and thin and after all said and done, they are still there with smiles on there faces (burke tries) and still running a race program.

my 2 cents for all those who have opinions.
Don't get me wrong I don't race there day in and day out. I just like to race and where the compition is at i'll be there.

see ya saturday at the track
jason crist

Also
I think the two day race would be good.

some things that would help out the track.....
A bigger building so a bigger track so a bigger pit area so no stairs so more racers.
Maybe speed things up. have rounds start on the hour to get out at a good time.

just my 2 cent

see ya staurday
jason

#5 ·
I would like to say that racing this past saturday the 21st was great.

the races where ran smooth (yes I know where talking about New Castle, sometimes race programs run long) and fun was there to be had.

I haven't ran there alot this race season, but know that snowbirds over i can show up more.

I don't remember details maybe someone can get on here and awnser any questions.

I heard Race street was having a race for 4 cell stock,19turn and mods only???????

whats the details on that?

what races are coming up for us that don't like to drive far to race?

thanks
jason

#6 ·
one word--- Elevator :)

I have not been running at New Castle as of late because the classes I run/have run in the past are not showing up(truck and touring mainly)and most of my core group of racing friends are doing the off-road thing at Planet. I have tried pan car racing and it just wasn't my thing(too much competitive attitude and not as much just for fun)Even guys running the "fun,cheaper,less competetitive" Legends class have shown some attitude.At Planet it seems like more of a balance of seriousness and fun.Granted you have a-holes everywhere but currently my "fun factor" at Planet is way higher than on carpet(Racestreet or Summit).

My suggestions are simple(attitudes are not addressable)-

1. different location-present place isn't the easiest to find the first time there

2.different location- parking at present location is not so good-you have to carry your gear 50-75 yards just to get to the doors

3.different location-Climbing 2 flights of stairs with 50-75 lbs.of gear is no fun

4.different location-the current building seems to be falling apart

I drove through New Castle on Friday and KB toys is going out of buisness,this location could be the soloution to these issues(Summit is in a similar strip mall)

Sorry to be harsh but these are my true thoughts as I would like to see Racestreet continue to operate and sometimes the truth is brutal.

Later,

Mark Borem

#7 ·
MDB I agree with you on the stairs and parking. It isn't easy to hall stuff up the stairs and park a half block away. That is one thing that is being discussed about fixing. Also, yes the building is old and they have looked some at other buildings. I think KB would cost to much on rent but there are other places that could be easily converted. As far as race length and starting on time I feel that they did better with keeping things moving but didn't really think the long break in the mains was a good idea. Running on the hour every hour should be enough time to charge and work on your car. Improvements need to be made and this thread is for your suggestions of things that the racers want changed.

#8 ·
i like the people, atmosphere, the way it's ran.
the only problem is the size of the track. i know u should be able to drive any track. but that's my experiense talking to everyone. u wanna know the truth. there it is it's too small. i'm not downing it. just telling the truth.... it needs to be bigger...
sorry if i hurt feelings.
paul

#9 ·
I agree to about the size issue people have. It doesn't hurt feelings from what I noticed and that is another thing that has been brought up more than once. If racers are racing a bigger track sp that they can prepare for a big race such as snowbirds or even if they just prefer a larger track it is their choice. I to would like a bigger and wider track and no stairs and hope it can be accomplished to make racing better for everyone. The suggestions you guys give are being given to Butch and Burke and no one is upset. They want you to voice your decisions so they can help make it a better racing enviornment for you.

#10 ·
Dimples

I heard of a 4 cell stock, 19 turn and mod race only coming up soon.
whats the details on that?

I agree with everyone and from what i hear those are the main reasons why people don't come or don't come very often.

If you guys can correct 1/2 these promblems people have then it will get people to come. More racers for you

later
jason

#12 ·
Anyone running 19 turn this weekend? I'll be there, hope to see some others run 4-cell 19 turn too.

Brent Lane, are you out there. Are you going to be at New Castle this Saturday?

As far as the facility goes, sure it could be better, but I have seen too many tracks that were in better locations with bigger tracks, and nicer facilities that were open for a year or so and are now out of business. I would rather climb the stairs and run on the current small track, than have a nice new track that might only last for a year or so. That's my 2 cents...

Brad Hayes

#13 ·
come on Paul we know why!!!!
thats where you belong
lol just kidding
with that motor ya used you should have set new track record. ha lol

for real you and i know why, they gave ya the wrong transponder.

I thought i would start the weekend off know with the joking around.
hope this is what to come and the fun we and everyone else will have.
(we will for sure)

track opens at 4pm
i'n not sure yet what time i'll be able to take off i'll get with ya asap

later
jason

#15 · (Edited)
Brad,

Most of the 19-turn guys are going to be in Ft. Wayne this weekend. John Foister, Eli, Zubak, and perhaps a few other fast MI guys will be down to run. Along with Sonny, Monti, Kobak, and Kemp, there should be a GREAT group to run with.

Thanks,

Mark

...err....what Eli said. ;)

Also forgot to mention the Brent and Dave show will be doing live performances all day.

#25 ·
So how is the new track coming along? Can't wait to get home and get some racing in. I will be racing with you all alot more this winter cause I am moving to Lynn for good. Still in the National Guard but will be able to come play at least twice a month anyway. Just wanted to check in and say HI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.