Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've just come home from a long day at the races. The weather was damp and cold, your car never ran right, you were way down in the mains and you feel like a whipped puppy! We've all been there, done that, and it ain't no fun.

Well, here are a couple recipes that will be sure to put the fire back in your belly and have you on your way to being "top dog" next week. Try hankster's 10 Turn Chili or rib stickin' SG&B.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SG&B: Sausage, Gravy & Biscuits

This mixture is a great "pick-me-up" any time. Quick and easy to make and really sticks to the ribs. Don't forget to take some to the track with you as it's also been know to work as Shock, Gear & Brake lube!

Here is what makes up this secret mixture:

• 1 package of Bob Evan's Hot Sausage
  • Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • Biscuits
  • Salt & Pepper
Start by making you favorite biscuits. Almost any type will work, but I like the ones with a hard crust as they don't get soggy. If you're really pressed for time, toast can be used, but only wimps use toast!

Start by browning the sausage in a frying pan. Once browned, drain excess grease.

Turn down the heat to low and add the milk. Stir the mixture until the milk is warm. You can add more milk if you would like more gravy.

Add small amounts of flour, mixing well each time, until the mixture starts to thicken. Keep adding until it just starts to stick too your spoon and no more. It will thicken slightly while cooling.

Salt & Pepper to taste, turn off the heat and you're ready to eat

Cut a couple of the biscuits (or that wimpy toast) in half and pour the SG&B mixture over them. Sit down and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 Turn Chili

Here it is, hotter then a new "Dirtinator". Sure to make you the fastest thing at the track (but some of those trips might be running to the "head")! Always remember your secret weapon, if it's late in the main and you might not catch the leader, just breathe on him. Guaranteed to make his antenna go limp!
OK, now let's get on with it. Here is what you'll need:

• 1 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
  • 1 Package of Bob Evan's Hot Sausage
  • 2 Cans (8oz.) Tomato Sauce
  • 1 Small Onion
  • 1 Small Bell (Green) Pepper
  • 1 Can (8oz.) Chopped Mushrooms
  • 1 Package Carroll Shelby Chili Mix
Chop up the Onion and Green Pepper. Pieces about a half inch long are just about right. Keep the Onion and Green Pepper separate.

Let's get to cookin'. Put the Sausage in a large frying pan and start to brown, when the sausage is about half done, add the Ground Beef and chopped Onion, finish browning the mixture. When done, drain off any excess grease from the pan.

Put the browned Sausage/Beef mixture in a large kettle or pot, set the burner on low heat. Add the Green Pepper, Mushrooms (drained), Tomato Sauce, 2 (8oz.) cans of water and the spice packet from the Carroll Shelby Chili Mix. Stir well. Make sure the heat is set so the mixture just simmers, you should stir it once in awhile. Simmer for appox. one half hour.

Now comes the most important parts. Add the cyan pepper from the Carroll Shelby mix. You don't have to add the whole packet, but this is what makes it either 10 Turn Chili or ROAR'91 Chili, your choice. You just have to decide if you're man enough to handle the full 10 Turns.

There are rumors of one brave soul adding some extra pepper, the last that was heard from him, he was wondering around some Midwestern off-road track, an empty look in his eyes, mumbling something about just wanting to add Cobalt Magnets to his Turn 10. Hey, could happen! Use caution.

Also, add part of the flour from the Carroll Shelby mix, using small amounts at a time, stirring well each time. Add just enough to made the chili thick enough to almost stick to your spoon. This is an important step and may take a couple batches to get just right. Simmer for another half hour.

Now avoid all temptations, let the chili cool and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning you can pop out of bed, plop some of the now cool chili into a small sauce pan, warm it up and enjoy. It's just as good if you put it in a bowl and microwave it. Add crackers if you wish and a glass of water to douse the fire as needed.

Or course, this delicacy requires some advance preparation. If you find yourself needing a quick pick-me-up after a race, just try the SG&B above. Quick and easy, sure to put a glow back in the 'ol belly.

That's it for the Racer's Recipes. Hope you enjoy them as I have. Sure to soothe having been whipped at the track or great to celebrate your latest victory!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
hank, i dont think breathin on him would be as effective as breakin wind..lol. sounds like a good recipe. i'll have to try it but me and chili dont really get along to well...lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
nah i got the best recipe:
you need
1 BOX OF CRAFT MACORONI
1 BOTTLE OF FRANKS RED HOT

while boiling the macoroni dumpin about a table spoon of franks in
then just follow directions on box
its got a really good spicey after taste the best macoroni ever!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hank you must love that bob evans hot sausage. Beins every woman i took to the track left me, ive learned to be a good cook. Frozen hot wings and pizza just doesnt cut it. My favorite Deer Tacos.. I also make a mean bean soup. That works awesome on the drivers stand...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Here it is, hotter then a new "Dirtinator". Sure to make you the fastest thing at the track (but some of those trips might be running to the "head")! Always remember your secret weapon, if it's late in the main and you might not catch the leader, just breathe on him. Guaranteed to make his antenna go limp!​

OK, now let's get on with it. Here is what you'll need:

• 1 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
  • 1 Package of Bob Evan's Hot Sausage
  • 2 Cans (8oz.) Tomato Sauce
  • 1 Small Onion
  • 1 Small Bell (Green) Pepper
  • 1 Can (8oz.) Chopped Mushrooms
  • 1 Package Carroll Shelby Chili Mix
Chop up the Onion and Green Pepper. Pieces about a half inch long are just about right. Keep the Onion and Green Pepper separate.

Let's get to cookin'. Put the Sausage in a large frying pan and start to brown, when the sausage is about half done, add the Ground Beef and chopped Onion, finish browning the mixture. When done, drain off any excess grease from the pan.

Put the browned Sausage/Beef mixture in a large kettle or pot, set the burner on low heat. Add the Green Pepper, Mushrooms (drained), Tomato Sauce, 2 (8oz.) cans of water and the spice packet from the Carroll Shelby Chili Mix. Stir well. Make sure the heat is set so the mixture just simmers, you should stir it once in awhile. Simmer for appox. one half hour.

Now comes the most important parts. Add the cyan pepper from the Carroll Shelby mix. You don't have to add the whole packet, but this is what makes it either 10 Turn Chili or ROAR'91 Chili, your choice. You just have to decide if you're man enough to handle the full 10 Turns.

There are rumors of one brave soul adding some extra pepper, the last that was heard from him, he was wondering around some Midwestern off-road track, an empty look in his eyes, mumbling something about just wanting to add Cobalt Magnets to his Turn 10. Hey, could happen! Use caution.

Also, add part of the flour from the Carroll Shelby mix, using small amounts at a time, stirring well each time. Add just enough to made the chili thick enough to almost stick to your spoon. This is an important step and may take a couple batches to get just right. Simmer for another half hour.

Now avoid all temptations, let the chili cool and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning you can pop out of bed, plop some of the now cool chili into a small sauce pan, warm it up and enjoy. It's just as good if you put it in a bowl and microwave it. Add crackers if you wish and a glass of water to douse the fire as needed.

Or course, this delicacy requires some advance preparation. If you find yourself needing a quick pick-me-up after a race, just try the SG&B above. Quick and easy, sure to put a glow back in the 'ol belly.

That's it for the Racer's Recipes. Hope you enjoy them as I have. Sure to soothe having been whipped at the track or great to celebrate your latest victory!

hey hank, is this hot stuff or do u need to add hot stuff to it to make it hot. and is it powerfull enough to knock eveyone off the drivers stand before a main?..lol:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
hey hank, is this hot stuff or do u need to add hot stuff to it to make it hot. and is it powerfull enough to knock eveyone off the drivers stand before a main?..lol:rolleyes:
Don't you mean "Fart" but with all the hot sauce you had better meter it our slowly. There ain't no telling what is going to get kicked loose and want to come out when the gas gets to rolling. :freak::freak:;)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
This mixture is a great "pick-me-up" any time. Quick and easy to make and really sticks to the ribs. Don't forget to take some to the track with you as it's also been know to work as Shock, Gear & Brake lube!

Here is what makes up this secret mixture:

• 1 package of Bob Evan's Hot Sausage
  • Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • Biscuits
  • Salt & Pepper
Start by making you favorite biscuits. Almost any type will work, but I like the ones with a hard crust as they don't get soggy. If you're really pressed for time, toast can be used, but only wimps use toast!

Start by browning the sausage in a frying pan. Once browned, drain excess grease.

Turn down the heat to low and add the milk. Stir the mixture until the milk is warm. You can add more milk if you would like more gravy.

Add small amounts of flour, mixing well each time, until the mixture starts to thicken. Keep adding until it just starts to stick too your spoon and no more. It will thicken slightly while cooling.

Salt & Pepper to taste, turn off the heat and you're ready to eat

Cut a couple of the biscuits (or that wimpy toast) in half and pour the SG&B mixture over them. Sit down and enjoy.
sounds good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts