Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 2,365 Posts
Rick where were you?

Rick,

I stopped by today to see the track and let you beat me at a game of football, but no truck, so I went on my way.

Looks like you have some pipe layed down, but no bumps, lumps, or jumps yet;)

So Kim, Don, and Chris have Emaxx's now, hmmmmmmmm, guess I will have to get one too so I can play in their class. Don't really want to dirty up the USA#1 on a dirt track, it look too pretty:cool:

Chat at you guys later......Got to get the BRP ready for Elyria again.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Sorry big guy I spent the better part...........no wait a minute, the whole dang day in Coudy waiting for Kightlingers to switch my lift and hand controls into my new ride. This new baby is SWWWEEEEETTTT!! :D

You should have looked closer because there were a couple jumps layed out they just need a good packing. We spent the better part of today putting in the rest of the pipe (needs staked down now) and laying in a couple more jumps. Jumps still need some forming now and track needs a good raking and packing so expect a email soon for all our faithful few. We need to have a day together now to get any suggestions you guys may have out there as I'm new at this off road stuff and need all the track design help I can get. And of course there is always that "play" thing too. :) See the website shortly for a couple pics of the progress.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
progress

We should be able to hold a practice day next weekend (June 1st) if everything goes as planned. I expect that a few of our regulars will be going to Elyria to show Bud some rear spoiler however. :) Spent most of the day raking today and things are looking pretty good. Johna did some work on a couple of the jumps this morning and rolled them in. I must say it is finally starting to look like a track! If we just have a few more good days it should be about done. A drivers stand will be in the works but we wont be starting the season with one. "Grand opening" race will be June 15th if everything goes as planned. For those either on our mailing list or e-mail list, expect some info coming to you soon.

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Well it wasn't quite finished yet but we had our first "test" of the new track today! Don, Chris, and Kim came by to see how the new jumps would hold up for us and to test the layout. Overall I think they liked the layout and after cuffing off a couple jumps things aren't to bad. There is a LOT of loose dirt on the track that I think (Chris suggested) would probably be best off broomed to the side and the surface wet down. Still needs some work but it is coming along nicely.

Sunday the 26th

Lynne, Matt and I will be over again, if it's not raining too hard. Will bring shovel and Maxx but will need gloves! I'd mail you but outlook is erring.

don

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Hehe.......still think you should rent Matt out to us to rid the track of clay clomps! :lol: We'll see if we can find some gloves. Time to close up the trailer and get ready for bed, has been a long day...........

Research & Development

A few of us locals were treated to a sneak peak of Racers Edge's new dirt track today. Ovalman's done alot of work to build a 1st rate offroad racing track. He's brought in (I think) 90 tons of stonefree clay that should make an excellent base for offroad racing. We ran a truck, 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, and what may be my favorite class, the EMaxx Class. So far there are 3 of us in this area with EMaxxs and I think there will be a couple more very soon! They handle like lead sleds compared to the XX-4, but they really rip! I can't wait!

WOW, i'm mega pumped lol i'm so excited to race lol it's been way to long for me lol i still need directions to the track coming from warren.. is it close to the indoor track you had? or in that same area, and i raced a bit here in warren and my girlfriend and younger sister (age 8) all plan on racing.. so for the beginner class, i was wondering what type of a motor is the 540? would that be like the traxxas stinger motor? cause we all want to start out in that class, i could probably run stock, but they are nervous, so i told them i would race in the beginners class with them the first few times. well, i just wanted to say YES YES YES and i hope i didn't ask to many stupid questions lol thanks :thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #71 ·
You should have recieved directions in the e-mail I sent out but just in case.......

Come into Smethport on Route 59. At the stop sign (junction of Route 6) make a right turn onto Route 6 and go six miles. Make a left turn onto Bloomster Hollow Rd. and go one mile. Our shop is in the back room of the mobile home trailer on the left. Go just past the trailer and there is a dirt driveway going down to two big red barns. Go down this driveway and track is right down there behind trailer. We still haven't worked out parking arrangements but this shouldn't be a problem.

Discussion starter · #73 ·
motor

Whooopps............I'm sorry. I was in a hurry last night and forgot to answer you about the motor. Yes the type of motor you will need to use for the Production class is like the "stinger" from Traxxas. They are a closed endbell motor that you can't get to the brushes. The fastest motor that we've found for the class is made by Tamiya and is called a Sport tuned 540. They are black in color and really rip! Hope to see you here next Saturday. :)

Elephant Races

Ovalman: So what color EMaxx are you getting, humm? Come-on, I saw that look on your face when you were driving mine. Maybe it was that great big smile! They are kinda like racing elephants, and I'm pretty suprised at the way they jump.
I'll go out on a limb here, but you know you can always count on my 2 cents. I think in the EMaxx class the rules should limit the motors to the Titan motors they come with. For many reasons but mostly so a guy can still go out and buy one,(hopefully from you)and be able to take it right down to the track and race it like it is.

Re: Elephant Races

k1m said:

Ovalman: So what color EMaxx are you getting, humm? Come-on, I saw that look on your face when you were driving mine. Maybe it was that great big smile! They are kinda like racing elephants, and I'm pretty suprised at the way they jump.
I'll go out on a limb here, but you know you can always count on my 2 cents. I think in the EMaxx class the rules should limit the motors to the Titan motors they come with. For many reasons but mostly so a guy can still go out and buy one,(hopefully from you)and be able to take it right down to the track and race it like it is.
I agree K1m, but......there is always a butt....LOL Take the other side of the ruler and say, what if a guy can't afford a new E-maxx and buys a used one for a good low price and it already has upgraded motors in it, now the poor son of a gun has to buy Titan's to race and may not be able to afford to buy them for awhile after buying the emaxx. Then no racing and his truck just sits on the shelves.:(

Just my input on the situation.......

Just saying I saw something like this happen a lot at the indoor races, a young guy buys a Traxxas Rustler and thinks he can enter it in the production class, but gets there and finds out that the motor in the Rustler is a 20turn, and not allowed in production, so now he has to spend more money and buy a production 540 motor.

Again just one large mans opinion...........LOl :wave:

KSG - you got something (maxx) to tell us? you sounded a tad defensive in that last post about "seeing this happen". Hhmmm. let me think.....so, what type of motors came with yours?

Ovalman - you are next, buddy.

Discussion starter · #78 ·
Let's see, first off.............we just about finished getting the pipes staked in today. We ran just a little short on stakes though so we have maybe 4-6 more to put in. It could be run on right now though as the areas that are absolutly necassary of being staked down have been. There is still a little work to be done on the one tabletop but we're getting real close now!

Thoughts on emaxx motors. I kind of figured on leaving it unlimited since as you can pretty much see, it's pretty easy to overpower the track with the Titan motors. I don't think faster motors are really going to help you any really other than making your wallet lighter. :)

I'd like to have one really guys but I just don't know. I'm going to have to make a decision on getting an EMaxx or a XXXTMF because there's NO WAY I can afford both right now. :(

Yep next weekend is still scheduled as the first practice day unless we get a bunch of rain Friday which might happen.

Emaxx ranting.......

Donald you read me like an open book :rolleyes:

Ovalman if you build it they will come...............

If you buy a Emaxx instead of xxxt you will have more fun..........

I think the writing is on the wall.

61 - 80 of 2,365 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.