Hobbyist Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 2,365 Posts
so what are all the classes you will be running on the off road track? will you have stock and mod classes and do you have nitro classes or will they run togeather? also, what days will you have races and is it gonna be by the same place you have your indoor track?:thumbsup: :wave:

Discussion starter · #42 ·
classes

Best bet is to visit our website and check out the classes/rules. We will have stock, mod, and nitro classes available. Check out the location page to see where the shop/track is located. We haven't decided weither we'll be racing Saturday or Sunday yet however.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Pa just went to get the material for the jumps so we'll be getting started on that today or tomorrow, whichever my little Bro' decides on I imagine. :) I'll be sure and take some pics to post as the construction progresses. Johna got the pipe yesterday for the barriers so we're all ready to go as soon as the dirt arrives.

Kim........sorry to hear what happened so you couldn't make it to Ohio and put a beatin on Bud man. I know you were REALLY looking forward to it. Hope the back gets to feelin' better! :thumbsup:

Racers Edge in Ohio

Ovalman: Yeah, It sure was lousey timing. I really screwed my back up this time, but after 4 days it's finally getting better. Just didn't think I could handle the 4 1/2 hour drive or I would have been there too. :D

Our two representatives from Racers Edge made a good showing in Elyria, Ohio racing BRP's on "Da Track". Don took 3rd in the A main and KaneSurfGuru took 1st in the C main. That's all I've heard so far, hopeing they'll both fill me in on all the details when they get home.

We'll have to shoot for the next race, June 1st - maybe we can get some of the rest of us to go too, hint, hint.

Sounds like the track is coming along, if the weather co-operates, you should be racing before long. Let me know when you're ready for testing, I hope to run XX-4 and/or truck on it this summer. It's hard to make jumps right without just running some vehicles on it to see how they land. If you want, I can bring my 4 wheeler and track grooming equipment. Just let me know.

JohnQ: Keep you eyes open, there are good buys out there. I bought a XXX-T with full titanium for $140 last year off Ebay. another good place to watch is Radio Control Zone:
http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=213&daysprune=

Just My 3 Cents:
1. Blue tires don't save anyone $$, they just look stupid.
2. I'm all for Saturday racing too.
3. Heads up starts in qualifiers, staggered start for the mains.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
track

Well we ARE started but by the looks of it, it is going to take some time now (a lot of hand work, rake, shovel, wheelbarrow). I know there were some offers of help from my good friends so be looking for an e-mail soon guys. I'd like to maybe get together next weekend if possible. I'm going to be looking at a lawn roller in the next couple days, one that is small enough to be pushed to roll the jumps. Look for updated pics tomorrow.

Oh yea, Kim, a vehicle flying would probably help to make sure things are made right too. :)

Discussion starter · #49 ·
roller

How heavy Don? Is it something that would be able to be pushed up and over the jumps? We need to get one for permanent use but maybe you could bring yours along to get things done faster.

Looks like this weekend may be out unless you guys wouldn't mind working Sunday? :) Gotta go get truck inspected on Saturday and I know how much you guys like stuff on Sundays. :lol:

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Just ordered a new lawn roller from Costas but forgot to ask when it would be in........DOH! Gonna be a "poly" model, 18x24 and will weight "up to" 250# but I'm not sure how much it weighs "unloaded". We'll have to see how it works.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
And thus the rain came for 40 days and 40 nights and the track had many puddles form due to this.........and the owners prayed for it to end and the sun to come forth for a week or so or they may need to build their own danged ARK!!!

The Collective Desire to Race

We gotta get some of that going, here Ovalman! I really believe it works.

Hey... Remember what I said about drain pipes?? Now you can see where to put them, huh? Hope all that good clay didn't get washed away, look at it this way, all this rain should help settle that new fill. When it does dry out, maybe it'll be more stable.

I worked on my XX-4 sunday, got her all loaded up RTR I think. Had to make up acouple of saddle packs for it. Last time I ran it, it wasn't handling right, but I couldn't find anything obvious wrong. It has pretty aggressive front pin spikes, and the backs were shot so I mounted up a new pair of Proline bowties for the rear. If it's still not right I'd better tear it right down for a look.

Don't look for much sun til after the weekend, but then......

And Lo, the sun will come out and warm the little Valley of BloomsterHollow until Ovalmans dirt dries out, gets hard, and gets a blue groove!(The crowd yells "Amen")
We will gather for good racing and good fellowship and whup eachother's butt's..........maybe we better stick to Sunday Racin', I still think you'd make a good Rev'rnd.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Collective desire to race

If things keep going the way they have been we gonna need lotta that this year son!

To be completely truthful with you, I can't believe how it has drained off actually. There are a couple of pretty low spots that are setting puddled but overall it's not as bad as you would expect for all the rain we've had. We have a little sun as I speak actually but it's not going to stay. Tomorrow sounds to be the best day this week until like you say after the weekend.

Hehe...........speaking of reverend (sp?). Passed that sign coming back up 66 on Saturday that says "The Church of RC" or something to that effect. Every time I see that I think about that church you suggested we build a track in. :)

The sun 'l come out tooomorrow...............bet your bottom dolllllar..... that toomorrroooowww........there'll be SSUUUUNNNNN!!!!

I tried to post a reply, typed for a 15 minutes (I'm Slow) attached a pic of my XX-4. It said my pic was too big, and I lost my whole post - "This Page has Expired" @#%&*%^!!? Smily faced bulletin boards!!

Soooooooooooooooo............I resized it.....30K ain't much...

Chris Burrows bought a EMaxx - saw him today while I was in Bradford for therapy. Maybe him and Don will let me run my 4wd with them - anyhow, here's a pic of my XX-4 before I get it all dirty.....I HOPE!!!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #57 ·
LOL...........aint that a real kick in the teeth Kim? I've gotten where I copy my whole post before I try to submit it just in case that happens!

Just picked up the roller. REAL light without any water in it so we'll definatly have to put some in it for packing things. Track would have been absolutly perfect to start on again today but of course it had to rain all night again so if we don't get any rain today or tomorrow we may be able to get back on it again Sunday. I'm gonna seriously look at it tomorrow but don't think we'll get on it till Sunday now. Still hoping for a 1st-2nd opening day but June is drawing near real quick!

Discussion starter · #58 ·
weather

And then the rain (AND SNOW!!!!) came again and washed any hope of working this weekend away once again.

This crap is getting REAL redundant now. I think mother nature is out to get us or something. Has been YEARS since we've had this much rain and doesn't it just figure that it happens when we decide to build a track?

Discussion starter · #60 ·
drainage

Still the same. There are still just a couple puddles but there's nothing you can do about the whole area being mud! :( No amount of drainage in the world is going to help you with what we've been having lately. :rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 2,365 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.