Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ovalman... Thanks for the tip on the off road... will check it out soon :)

k1m... did you get my threatening e-mail??? :lol:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
OvalmanPA said:
. . . there shouldn't need to be any formatting with the results we do since I take it right from Autoscore.
I believe you're right; I think Autoscore essentially uses a "print to file" type function and pretends like it's going to an old fashioned fixed pitch printer. I.e., it pads with spaces to make columns. So all should be well.

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Bud: That would really be cool! We don't really have a "big race" during the season like a trophy race....we just race for the fun of it! But fun we do have! :lol:
Gather up Nil, 2slowoo, RAFster, and the rest of you Ohio guys and come on over!
MicroRacer: Yes, those are HPI wheels/tires with BRP adapters on Laura's bug. All she needed was a thumping stereo to make it complete!
Nil: I see what you mean about making columns on results report, and I'm somewhat familiar with html and vB code, but I'm also somewhat thick headed and I'm not sure what code specifically you mean. I just cut/paste the results from ovalman's website. Any help would be appreciated. :hat:
LLB: Got your mail, thanx. BTW - IMHO, IAS! (By the way - In my humble opinion, I ain't scared!) :D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
When you are posting CODE it looks like this.
^ This is not CODED...
Code:
When you are posting CODE it looks like this.
^ This is CODED...

How do you apply CODE to text?
In the block of buttons above the "Your Reply" box when posting a reply you see buttons for "http://" "@" "IMG" "#" "PHP" "List" "Quote"
# is the CODE button. Select it and then paste your info into the popup box.
That's how you do it...

You use the:
IMG button to add a link to a photo
http:// button to add a weblink like: http://www.brpracing.com

@ is used for email addresses (select this and someone can click on your name to send a reply in their mailer)
Email RAFster click here

Don't know how or what PHP is...

List button is to code a numbered or alpha list.

Quote to handle text like this:
quote of the day, be kind to small children and small animals for they may bite!
This help?

BTW, I'm 2 hours or 2.5 hours farther than the rest of these guys...I live in a NE suburb of Columbus.

RAFster
David

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
k1m said:
I just cut/paste the results from ovalman's website.
That should work just fine; I just tested it. The only thing is; I'm not sure about the buttons RAFster mentioned since they require Java to work (I'm overly paranoid!). I hand code per the instructions on the help page.

If in doubt, use the "Preview" button. You will likely need to adjust spacing a bit by removing leading spaces.

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
test

Code:
-- BuRP - A MAIN --
pos car laps time name id avg.mph
1 8 31 5:05.43 Chris Burrows 13 9.54
2 2 30 5:03.57 Kim Fortner 17 9.29
3 4 30 5:07.16 Don Weimer 30 9.18
4 5 26 5:11.31 Rick Morgan 8 7.85
5 3 26 5:11.76 Joy Fortner 18 7.84
6 1 21 5:14.40 Laura Burrows 15 6.28
7 9 18 5:13.78 Barb Morgan 9 5.39
8 7 15 5:11.27 Johna Simar 6 4.53
:mad: Looks the same....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Did it line up before when you looked at it in Notepad or a text editor? If it did, then it is puzzling. If it did not, then
I don't know what to say. Nil's the expert on this...

Using buttons to provide the coding when posting it puts the info in the
Code:
text
format. You just hit the button, type or paste your text in, and it will append it to the bottom of the posting...

RAFster
David

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Code:
BRP Results
pos car laps   time     name                 id  avg.mph
 1  8   31    5:05.43  Chris Burrows        13    9.54
 2  2   30    5:03.57  Kim Fortner          17    9.29
 3  4   30    5:07.16  Don Weimer           30    9.18
 4  5   26    5:11.31  Rick Morgan           8    7.85
 5  3   26    5:11.76  Joy Fortner          18    7.84
 6  1   21    5:14.40  Laura Burrows        15    6.28
 7  9   18    5:13.78  Barb Morgan           9    5.39
 8  7   15    5:11.27  Johna Simar           6    4.53
Hokay, it can be done.
This assumes you have the Racers Edge "Results" page open in a separate window.
1. Hit post reply button.
2. Hit # button.
3. Type in "BRP Race Results per Nil."
4. Hit OK button.
5. Place the cursor immediately after "Nil."
6. Hit <Enter> key.
7. Go to Racers Edge "Results" page; hightlight desired results and copy (<Ctrl><Ins> or right click/Copy, assuming Windows).
8. Return to "Reply to Topic" page; paste (<Shift><Ins> or right click/Paste).
9. Remove leading spaces from each line; the position number should be one space from the left edge of the reply window.
10. Hit Preview Reply button.
11. Touch up as necessary.
12. Hit Submit Reply button.

Yeah, I know, it sounds complicated. Not near as bad as starting a lawnmower, though, let alone racing a nitro.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, I know, it sounds complicated. Not near as bad as starting a lawnmower, though, let alone racing a nitro.
Isn't racing a Nitro similar to racing a lawnmower? They both handle about the same... :D :D

Ya know, the Speed 300 is somewhat like nitro racing. Nitro racers are on the edge of control when pushing hard. (Referring to on-road...no experience with off-road...) In the same way the Speed 300 can be this way.

RAFster
David

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
K1M sets new track record with SC18! Seems he's finally got the little BuRP running pretty well but canbquik showed us all the way in the main. :lol:

Code:
            -- BuRP - A  MAIN --
pos car laps   time     name                 id  avg.mph
  1  1   32    5:04.62  Chris Burrows        17    9.88
  2  3   31    5:01.67  Kim Fortner          30    9.66
  3  2   31    5:08.55  Don Weimer           27    9.45
  4  7   28    5:06.63  Johna Simar           8    8.59
  5  5   25    5:03.29  Rick Morgan          11    7.75
  6  9   21    5:10.16  Barb Morgan          12    6.37
 --  8   --- DNS ---    Shane Hushon         38    0.00
The only micro was once again dead for the mains. The poor guy says he has way to much $$$$ in it now to give up and get a BuRP. :confused:

Special thanks to NIL for showing us the code tag!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ovalman wrote:
The only micro was once again dead for the mains. The poor guy says he has way to much $$$$ in it now to give up and get a BuRP.
I hear this from many Micro owners. They don't see the reality until it is too late. Most people who want to race would prefer to do it cheaply and go fast. It eats them up when a another car with way less money can kick their car's butt. The high tech look is skin deep with the Micro.

RAFster

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Canbquick's taxi service was just the faster car in the main, I passed him once on the back stretch and since we've been good friends for years, I said to him, "see ya!" He replied, "Oh Yeah? We'll see! And he proceeded to draft me around the next few turns so hard, I traction rolled and he got back by me! There's always alot of good natured track talk on the driver's stand during the BuRP race.
The SC18 is really starting to come around now, the orange fronts helped hook it up on the ozite, but the occasional traction roll at the end of the back stretch is still a problem. I think I may have had a major breakthrough tonight that will surely help. For now, I'll just say it has to do with there being 5 right hand turns and 2 left hand turns on our track. And next week I'll report on the difference, either way.
Thanx for posting results, Ovalman - nice straight columns too!
:D

To all mini racers - I hear there'll be a full moon this year

MERRY CHRISTMAS

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Driver Profile

DRIVER PROFILE: Joy Fortner
Username:
BuRP PROFILE:
Chassis: SC18 Fun Won
ESC: Futaba MC230CR
Servo: Futaba 148
Reciever: Futaba FP-R122JE
Battery: "Kryptonite" 1200mah NiMH (ICEBOX BATTERIES)

Strengths: Joy is a veteran racer, definately "a force to be reckoned with".
Weakness: Feels bad if she takes someone out....she even uses her brake! ;)

Attachments

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
I was beginning to wonder where the profile of the week was. Feels bad if she takes someone out? I bet it depends on the person, right Joy? :p

·
Registered
409 Posts
hey ovalman... we all feel bad when we tank someone, it's just some of us deal with guilt differently:D with that said, I'd like to appoligize right now for any " unintentional bumping" which may occur:devil: 'til tomorrow....bump ya' later

41 - 60 of 698 Posts