Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 698 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is anyone running spacers under the front plate to increase caster? Lets see...more caster, less turn into turn - more turn coming out, right?
Best I can do is: "A greater amount of caster will make the car turn in more aggressively, but the amount of steering will tend to diminish toward the middle of the turn."

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
One washer under the front plate on mine. Hard to tell if it helps greatly but it does seem to help some with steering.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Took K1Ms "da wedge" for about half a pack of laps tonight. It's just plain silly!!! The little thing is kind of like an 1/18 scale rocket, you just point the little beast and shoot. :D The power output is amazing and it's pretty instantanious too. We had a guy running 1/12 scale and down the straight da wedge was pretty much the same speed! Power baby............oh, oh, oh. :thumbsup:

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeee-Hawww

All I need now is a '69 Dodge Charger BRP body! Tonites practice with Da Wedge yeilded some low 8 sec laps and some spectacular leaps and tumbles over the barriers. Bo & Luke Duke would have been proud! Better than a sec per lap increase, and Ovalman's right - I could run right with 1/12 scale car on the back stretch, but I need more steering to keep up through the turns. I actually even broke something on my Fun Won!! First thing to break was a rear body post, you don't suppose pancaking it on it's roof a dozen times had anything to do with it do you? :lol: Those plow disks are great launching pads!

Rick's in the 30+ lap club now with Johna knocking on the door....Who's next??

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
General Lee/Dukes of Hazard...

You'll have to talk Bolink or Parma
(one of them had the '69 Charger body and a decal set for the General Lee)
into resizing the body for 18th scale.

RAFster

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wouldn't it be neat to stuff an SC18 chassis under one of the Die Cast collectable 1/18 Scale bodys? But why? I wouldn't dare to drive it....things keep jumping right out in front of me! :eek:

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Driver Profiles:

Just for the fun of it, I'm going to try to do some driver profiles of the racers here at our local track. I decided to start with this particular racer because it's kinda his fault that the BuRPs got started in this area, he had the first BRP I had ever seen. It definately started something, and now there are 10 - 15 BuRP racers in a 30 mile area which is alot for rural Pa.

DRIVER PROFILE: John Rezzelle
Username: KaneSurfGuru
BuRP PROFILE:
Chassis: SC18 Fun Won
ESC: Gm V3R
Servo: Hobbico CS12MG
Reciever: Hitec DCX
Battery: "Kryptonite" 1200mah NiMH (ICEBOX BATTERIES)

Strengths: Major Rpm, definate Need for Speed
Weakness: Seems that if there's trouble somewhere on the track, KSG
is in the middle of it somehow.
:lol:

Attachments

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
My favorite part of the whole thing is "it's kinda his fault that the BuRPs got started in this area". In my opinion, best fault anyone could have going FOR them. :) Thanks Big John for showing us a great class to have some fun in. BTW K1M, cool idea.

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
results

Racers Edge R/C Racing & Hobbies - DECEMBER 15, 2002

-- BuRP - A MAIN --
pos car laps time name id avg.mph
1 8 31 5:05.43 Chris Burrows 13 9.54
2 2 30 5:03.57 Kim Fortner 17 9.29
3 4 30 5:07.16 Don Weimer 30 9.18
4 5 26 5:11.31 Rick Morgan 8 7.85
5 3 26 5:11.76 Joy Fortner 18 7.84
6 1 21 5:14.40 Laura Burrows 15 6.28
7 9 18 5:13.78 Barb Morgan 9 5.39
8 7 15 5:11.27 Johna Simar 6 4.53

This weeks racing was dominated by Chris in his "taxi" Fun Won. He's downright ruthless! :p We freight trained around the course for quite a few laps, but less mistakes made him "da man" this week. My SC18 is handling alot better with the orange fronts, but I suspect a servo problem as it doesn't seem to center predictably. I found my self lifting halfway down the backstretch to keep it under control. We gotta fix that, for sure!

I tried some of the "new" 2/3A cells this week. When cycled, their numbers are VERY close to those of the Krypyonite packs we've been running with about .5 oz savings in weight. On the track, I couldn't honestly see any difference at all. More about these cells later.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
k1m -- I love the idea of a racer profile! I would like to see the racer with their ride!!! Keep the 2/3A cell testing data comming! Bud has a new pro chassis...should have some pics soon.

·
Lifetime Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
DRIVER PROFILE

DRIVER PROFILE: Laura Burrows
Username: LLB
BuRP PROFILE:
Chassis: SC18
ESC: MC230CR
Servo: Futaba 148
Reciever: HPI RF-1
Battery: "Kryptonite" 1200mah NiMH (ICEBOX BATTERIES)

Strengths: Biggest hair on driverstand, she's not afraid to rub tires with anyone.
Weakness: Her pitman Chris doesn't fully charge her batterys so he's faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey, guys, ever get frustrated when you carefully format race results and mush shows up on HobbyTalk? Use the code tag, near the bottom of the help page.

Code:
pos car laps   time    name        id avg.mph
1    8   31  5:05.43 Chris Burrows 13   9.54
2    2   30  5:03.57 Kim Fortner   17   9.29
3    4   30  5:07.16 Don Weimer    30   9.18
4    5   26  5:11.31 Rick Morgan    8   7.85
5    3   26  5:11.76 Joy Fortner   18   7.84
6    1   21  5:14.40 Laura Burrows 15   6.28
7    9   18  5:13.78 Barb Morgan    9   5.39
8    7   15  5:11.27 Johna Simar    6   4.53
Use spaces instead of tabs to line things up. I use Courier font in NotePad to compose for these.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Yeah, I saw that TRC has came out with 5 spokes that look like those on Laura's bug...nice bug! Flower Power!

K1M could you add tires or wheels used...

Bug body looks huge on the SC18!

I tried the TRCs with Magenta Fronts (harder) and Pink (soft) rears and had traction rolling problems with the car.
I didn't think they were suitable for the SC18.

RAFster

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey all... It's me the one with the big hair :p !! Great racing on Sunday... Too bad my pit crew was on vacation ;) Great pic of my BUG k1m! Talk to you all later.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Cool........a pair of "Burrows" are finally here with us. Make sure you keep track of the track thread over in the off road portion of the site too guys. Haha........big hair, I love it! :)

Nil........thanks for the tip. I knew there was a way to do that but just wasn't sure how. :thumbsup: BTW.........there shouldn't need to be any formatting with the results we do since I take it right from Autoscore. Have to see next week.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ovalman...
When you use the "Code" tag it doesn't format the text. What that tag does is to maintain the spacing, it actually uses a constant width style on the text, so that whatever it looks like coming in will be what it looks like when it posts. Proportional spacing and kerning is turned off. It is like using Courier font in a Word document.

RAFster

21 - 40 of 698 Posts