Hobbyist Forums banner

Race REVO

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  rcheadcrazy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, check out my race REVO. Tell me what you think or fire me some ideas.

TRX 2.5R w/ Pullstart (Going to upgrade to a TRX 3.3 or Picco .26 MAX)
3.3 chassis
Center Differential (100k wt Fluid)
Traxxas Rear Brake kit
Tekno Throtle Servo Mount
Tekno RX Box/Tank Mod
23mm Hubs
Proline Velocity Wheels, 1/2in offset
Proline Bow-ties MT
Tekno Wing Mount
Proline 1/8 Scale Buggy Wing
Proline Crowd Pleazer 2.0 body (not shown)
P2 Rockers
Orange Springs (FT)
Gold Springs (RR)
50 wt Shock Oil
Motor Saver Air Filter

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Sounds like a good race Revo. Like it was said before, switch to a single high torque steering servo, install it on the tank side. Do the Slayden steering mod , put Kyosho 500K diff oil in your center diff. Bring as much weight to the front as you can i.e. fuel tank more to the front, throttle servo to the front where the stock steering servo was, battery up front zip tied to the body mount or do the "under the chassis mod". Make a set of sway bars and you'll have a Revo that'll give a hard time to Truggies.

#11 ·
I am just asking a question out of curiosity. When the 1/8 buggies usually run10k fluid or less in there center diff , why would you want to run such heavy oil in the revo center diff??? I thought that thick of fluid would baically "lock" the diff and with a locked diff, it makes it rather touchy to controll in the air. And all the other reasons associated with "loose" center diffs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.