Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
RACE ALERT : 2004 ROAR Region 1 Carpet Oval Regional Championships

RACE ALERT : 2004 ROAR Carpet Oval Regional Championships

A reminder that the 2004 ROAR Carpet Oval Regional Championships are approaching on November 6th at Hobby Chamber.

The entry for can be found at http://www.hobbychamber.com/Forms/November%206%202004%20Oval%20Regional.pdf

Call George at the shop or visit www.hobbychamber.com

Hobby Chamber

743 Boston Post Road

West Haven, CT06516

203 934 7317

Regards,

ChrisRaffaelli

ROAR Region 1 Director

914 715 5620 cell

914 788 9829 fax

[email protected]

The current ROAR Region 1 ‘What’s Going On?’ Calendar can be found at:

http://my.calendars.net/region1/curblockmonth.html

For more information about ROAR, please visit:

www.roarracing.com

Download the ROAR membership application here:

http://www.roarracing.com/join/pdfs/2000app.pdf

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]chris just went to there website, doesn't look like they have much time to race/practice oval. have they even run any oval races yet? looks to me unless i'm missing something we can't get on the track until there mourning racing is done then we only get a hour before racing starts, if thats the case i don't see alot of people racing there. the other fact that there will only be two race dates open to oval racers before the regionals. Chris you know alot of us, and know the oval guys are a differnet type of racer. this format and practice times don't seem to favor us at all. I know this is just one persons opion and no i have not been to this place before. but by the responce on this thread and reading there website it may be another 20 car regional. I will be there and have talk to some others most didn't even know about the race, and didn't even know the place raced oval. you will be hand for the race right, i'ss see tou there. mike[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OVAL RACING[/font]
Season: October 2, 2004 — April 30, 2005

Day: Saturday

Doors Open/Practice: 3:00 p.m.

Registration Cut Off: 3:30 p.m.

Racing Starts: 4:00 p.m.

Classes:

1/10 Scale 2wd Stadium Truck — 6Cell Stock

1/10 Scale Bush — 4Cell Stock

1/10 Scale Nextel — 4Cell 19T

• All classes except Stadium must run NASCAR bodies
  • Classes will run three qualifiers plus a main
  • Final decisions made by Race Director only
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dates:

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OCTOBER [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOVEMBER [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DECEMBER [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10/2[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - No Race[/font] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11/6 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12/4 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10/9[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - No Race[/font] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11/13 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12/11 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10/16[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - No Race[/font] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11/20 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12/18 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10/23 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11/27 [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12/25 - No Race [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10/30 [/font]

·
MARK ZARRELLI
1,507 Posts
I just got back from this place.It's huge the infield alone is about 30 ft wide and 85ft long.He's just starting with the oval track tonite.He'd like some people to come test it out tonite also.Right now it looks like he will have it setup tue,wed and saturday until 5 or 6 pm.Depending on turnout.So come down and check it out also see http://hobbychamber.com

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike,

Thanks for your interest in this race….like you really need the practice ;-)

Fortunately, after the original host dropped the ball a bit, we had the Hobby Chamber step up and take on this race. Sure it is a new venture for them, but they are willing to do it and listen to what the racers want. They have started the oval program tonight. I am guessing that the driving line will be about the same as Radical Ricks (without the linoleum though…)

I am not sure why there are people that don’t know about the race. It has been in Rev-up, in Geared, emailed, and polluted on every bulletin board I know of.

In the interest of the racers and although Barre R/C announced their race after we announced the Regional, we, ROAR and Hobby Chamber, have decided to move the date. The carpet Regional will be held on Saturday 11/13/04.

They will run oval on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I do not know the schedule the track transitions, but they also run road course on Thursday and Sunday.

I will be at the event to unwind your motor Mike ;-)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oval Track

Hey Mark,
I found some nice low micro 8" dots that will do what you wanted. the track will also be 10' wide and have 16' sweepers. I hope that takes care of the track and your needs. I'll have it ready for Tuesday night racing! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts