Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
Looks like the WF2012 video is now live!!!

There's a new R2 blog as well.
http://www.collectormodel.com/

I gotta offer my mea maxima culpa to you all for the time it took to get this project done. My effort was volunteer and I couldn't throw the time this needed when it needed it to get it done sooner than this. Last week alone I had several 15hr days in a row plowing through it.

But I was only a part of the crew that brought this vid to you all. Rob Mattison, of Monster Model Review fame, ran the shoot itself and this couldn't have happened without his dedication at the front end.

And I'd like to thank Jamie Hood, getting all the assets I needed was a huge effort on his part over several months. We had hundreds of emails going back and forth as far as February when the planning started. There are several other 'without whoms' as well, Will and Guy Pearce worked the cameras and the floor with Rob and R2's Meg Richmond did a ton of footwork with the file prep too.

I can't tell you how many dozens of times I've watched the whole thing now, but I still love it every single time. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did putting it together.

Cheers. 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thats a great video, thanks to everyone involved with getting it to us!:thumbsup::) I clapped to my monitor when Jamie and co. were thanked for their perserverence on the monumental task of getting the 1/350 TOS Enterprise to maket. Its good to know how much effort was put into doing this RIGHT.

I'm super excited about the announcement of the 1/32 galileo. Thats just SUPER news and I'm sure with Gary and co. on board it will be a knockout kit.

A little dissapointed the 1/1000 Romulan B of P and 1/8 kirk/Gorn kits were not given more consideration by the folks attending the event buts thats life.

I'm also optomistic that when asked for what unliscensed kits people would want that the first one mentioned out of the gate was an accurate Eagle from Space 1999! Any company that can/is willing to get a Gerry Anderson liscense for accurate kits will get my money in wheelbarrows full!
Great job guys!:thumbsup:
James Webb

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Have not watched the whole thing yet, but you can totaly see the back of my head several times! My God, I'm starting to look like Friar Tuck!:tongue:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thats a great video, thanks to everyone involved with getting it to us!:thumbsup::) I clapped to my monitor when Jamie and co. were thanked for their perserverence on the monumental task of getting the 1/350 TOS Enterprise to maket. Its good to know how much effort was put into doing this RIGHT.

I'm super excited about the announcement of the 1/32 galileo. Thats just SUPER news and I'm sure with Gary and co. on board it will be a knockout kit.

A little dissapointed the 1/1000 Romulan B of P and 1/8 kirk/Gorn kits were not given more consideration by the folks attending the event buts thats life.

I'm also optomistic that when asked for what unliscensed kits people would want that the first one mentioned out of the gate was an accurate Eagle from Space 1999! Any company that can/is willing to get a Gerry Anderson liscense for accurate kits will get my money in wheelbarrows full!
Great job guys!:thumbsup:
James Webb

I am with you J.W. I would just love a nice size super accurate Eagle Transporter
and Hawk Warship from Space 1999 and ya know when a person asked Jamie Hood
he kinda looked a little interested, last year he was asked this question and he
pretty much said probobly not so it's my guess that more modelers are asking for this subjects as well.

what was also interesting from Jamie is how he....pointed out that
they don't have the licence to do anything from 2009 or 2013
Star Trek Movies. So if that is the case then who has it?

I think for 2014 Moebius Models should pick it up.

fortress

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clip...
...I would just love a nice size super accurate Eagle Transporter and Hawk Warship from Space 1999 and ya know when a person asked Jamie Hood he kinda looked a little interested, last year he was asked this question and he pretty much said probobly not so it's my guess that more modelers are asking for this subjects as well...
I wonder if 22" would count as a 'big kit' for R2? It would be a great compromise as the 11" is just too small for any detail and 44" is well beyond anything they could make a buck from doing.

I watched last year's WF again last night and re: the Eagle he said they probably couldn't because there was no movie behind it. So, if Sp:2099 gets made, then we can look to new Eagles I think is the interpretation. But I think they could certainly bring back the MPC Eagles if they wanted to test the waters as it were.

I don't have any kind of inside info one way or the other, but would love a decent Eagle kit like you and everyone else pretty much. The 44" Eagles that are out there are simply too expensive for this hobbyist.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Enjoyed the video. Model kits seem simple to make but the video shows how complex it is.

And the R2 guys are really nice who appreciate their customers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts