Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang
I just found out one of our friends and fellow hobbiest Neal Abaramson, aka 1saclevolvo passed away sometime early in May, and was laid to rest May 13. Some of you may have already known, but this was a shock to me. This was confirmed with a visit to his Face Book page. Thoughts and prayers to Staci and his family.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Awwww. I had no idea. He DID just retire. Man, that IS sad. Hope he's looking down on HT now with a controller in his hand.

Do a bunch of you guys have cars cast by him? I know I have a few. We ought to do a tribute thread and post pics of his castings all finished up...

--rick

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
RIP Neal...

This makes me :cry:

What a Great Friend Neal was to all of us here on HT.

I Had planned on sharing many, many more years of good times with Neal.

ParkRNDL,

I have a bunch of Neals Castings he sent me after his Mavica Floppy Disc Camera busted on him. I sent him a spare I had so, he could keep on posting.

rick I think it's a great idea to post up some pictures of Scalevolvo builds in a Tribute thread.

Neal R.I.P. and keep casting and building slot cars up in Heaven so, we all can have something to look at when our turn comes.

Bob

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Awwww. I had no idea. He DID just retire. Man, that IS sad. Hope he's looking down on HT now with a controller in his hand.

Do a bunch of you guys have cars cast by him? I know I have a few. We ought to do a tribute thread and post pics of his castings all finished up...

--rick
I've got a couple that have been on the back burner for a long while. I'll have to dig one up and do what I can ( the mold was almost completely unusable) but Neal came through with a couple for me to play with. Someone start it if they so desire. I know Bob... I make large wooden race cars...zilla finished up a stellar example of one of Neal's Willys woody wagons..

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Oh boy...

... How I hate to lose my HO friends. Neal was a true innovator. Always took the lane least traveled and man was it fun to ride along. He will truly be missed.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
I cant believe it. It wasnt so long ago that Neal and Anastasia (Stasi) were sitting in this very room. Their children settled in western Washington. As Neal and I had been friends for some years, we agreed to an East West summit on their next trip out.

We broke bread, swapped lies, solved all the world problems, and our wives even let us play cars. We spoke of their desire to move west and the exciting future to come.

He was a passionate, intelligent, creative, sumbitch who called me friend.

I'm absolutely crushed.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Very sad news indeed. Sincere condolences for his family, friends, loved ones, and all of those who shared time and life with him through the HobbyTalk community.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
rick I think it's a great idea to post up some pictures of Scalevolvo builds in a Tribute thread.
Someone start it if they so desire. I know Bob... I make large wooden race cars...zilla finished up a stellar example of one of Neal's Willys woody wagons..
We could just post them here, or start a new thread, but I think the best place to post would be on Neal's Automotive Insanity thread in the Modeling/Customizing forum. Randy already brought it up to the top over there. Any objections? If not, I'm gonna put a couple up...

--rick

1 - 20 of 49 Posts