Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you r/c nuts out there please share your info, experiences, and knowledge of whats out there and how you like it with this new craze of r/c mini helicopters!

·
Registered
266 Posts
for looks i like century micro helicopters. at the rcx show the competitive micro helis will run you around $1000.00
i watched them fly at every demo. i was just amazed how good these guys were. on sunday one of them let me work the controls while he held on the the heli. rotor speed, pitch of the main rotor and speed of the tail rotor. it sounds easy if you have flown before but these guys were flying upside down and doing loops while going forward.
i decided to just watch for now.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have seen a few of them. The piccolo is a good chopper from what I`ve seen, but is fragile. The Century micro heli I think will run you around 300.00 and is a great heli. There is quite a few choppers to choose from just look around and research is everything.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FASTALJR said:
I have seen a few of them. The piccolo is a good chopper from what I`ve seen, but is fragile. The Century micro heli I think will run you around 300.00 and is a great heli. There is quite a few choppers to choose from just look around and research is everything.
Thanks, yeah I decided on the century, due to hop ups cost and availabilty of parts. feel frr to keep this thread running as I will be telling ya what I think of it after I fly mine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the Hummingbird. I'd suggest not getting a "combo" but getting everything you want piece by piece. Alot of people hate this place, but go to www.helihobby.com They have tons of stuff for them. Get the newer Hummingbird Elite set. And do tons and tons of research. Another good place to read more on them is www.rcgroups.com and look under the micro heli forums... Hope this helps. It takes tons and tons of patience and practice just to learn to hover. Balance is everything!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KilRuf said:
I have the Hummingbird. I'd suggest not getting a "combo" but getting everything you want piece by piece. Alot of people hate this place, but go to www.helihobby.com They have tons of stuff for them. Get the newer Hummingbird Elite set. And do tons and tons of research. Another good place to read more on them is www.rcgroups.com and look under the micro heli forums... Hope this helps. It takes tons and tons of patience and practice just to learn to hover. Balance is everything!
No I bought the kit, and a Futaba radio, futaba gyro, century speed control and mixer board, carbon blades, and lipo battery with updated tail motor

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about anyone who has hopped these things up, let me know whats good and whats not! Also looking for a good used heli radio with model memory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts