Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Come on down Saturday as that's probably going to be the best one. I've seen the line-up of racers and some of the best in the US, Canada and even France are showing up. At 8:00PM Saturday is a luau put on by the City of Hobart, $8.00 to eat for non-racers with pulled pork, broasted chicken, macaroni salad, iced tea, lemonade plus more food. A lot of us are going to really get into it as I'm going to light up my trailer and canopy, crank the stereo up with Hawaiian music, throw up some Tiki torches and dress up. I think that I'm going to pass on the grass skirt though.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the reminder I will be racing my Blitz and Losi xxx-nt on sat but will head that way as soon as racing is over, are the races in hobart on sat or sunday

·
Registered
126 Posts
You missed some great racing if you didn't show up. The event started on Friday and ended Sunday but I went down on Thursday to get a spot to put the trailer and canopy.
My week wasn't so hot racing-wise, the Lazer 45 was plagued with radio problems so we withdrew it. The Cat's did better though.
Yes, that's me in most of the shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am very sorry I missed it this year hope you had a great time, my boats are still sitting where they were in feb, deer season opens soon so the rc stuff gets stowed till next year Gary

·
Registered
126 Posts
Try it again next year then, it's going to be on the same weekend.
I'm already building boats for next year. I picked up my JAE gas 'rigger at the race as I sent it to Indiana to have someone build it for me (I can't glue sawdust together!) then sent it to Ohio to get it ready for paint but the guy dropped it off for me to drill mounting holes before final paint. I sold my Lazer 45 there but have an extra mono hull sitting in the basement that will get a good going through this winter.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Some cool video posted in a rc video contest and I have one but it is a short coarse truck race at Granger Off Road Raceway, before my race got posted I had voted on a 1/8 hydro that blew over landing on the sponsons and kept going anyway I would appreciate your vote and you can vote for 1 video each day until 11-9-10 http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/48986/voteable_entries/9983441 Thanks Gary

21 - 27 of 27 Posts