Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an old novak tempest esc, that i want to use with a brushed mod motor. prob is all i have are lipos now. what would happen if i used a lipo with this esc? not holding anyone to nothing just asking. i will prob try it anyways lol just want to know if i should turn it on outside first lol

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
We have a racer here that is on a tight budget and he is running a stock motor with 2 cell lipo and an Explorer. It is as old as the Tempest. It will probably be OK. But a better question is what motor. I believe the Tempest has a limit as to what turn motor you can run.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used the tempest down to a 12 dbl with my old sedans. i am on a budget also and just trying to get by with what i have

·
Registered
58 Posts
there shouldn't be a problem. the thing you have to watch out for is running the battery to low, as soon as the power falls off you need to stop. about 6-8 mins safely. the option you have is a lipo cutoff you can add fairly cheaply.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
rcwolfee +1

Running lipo low means end of lipo usually. I have some used 2 cell Novak Lipo cutoffs that you can solder to your ESC. They retail for $30 but since used, I can sell you one for $15.

·
Registered
321 Posts
volts r volts ... its the cut off .. that esc doesnt have it .. cut off is the low end of volts for a lipo below X volts depending how far below it u go .. the lipo no good no more ..

i think 2cell or 2s lipo is 6 volts low end or cut off ...
what u do is just like nutz4rc says use a outside cut off .. or if you have say a 5000mah lipo dont run more then 5 mins and check it .. so on so on .. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts