Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vintage 1979 as in the future release of the next Cherries. What stock color selections were available for that trim option as a woody. The factory is told by Chrysler that only brown was available. Is that correct?

·
Registered
812 Posts
I thought I remembered a friend of mines mother having a white w/woodgrain Town and Country, but it may have been an Aspen.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to check the web, paint chip charts etc and could not find very good info for this trim setting on the Town and Country. I have a hard time understanding ONE production color on a car but Chrysler says brown was only available. I need pictures and info to the contrary.

Help!!!:p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Doing a GOOGLE/ASK.COM/YAHOO/DOGPILE searches for pictures of a '79 Chrys T&C yielded 3 pictures, 1 white, 1 black and 1 brown.

According to autocolorlibrary.com, there were 14 solid hues and 5 2-tone hues availabe for 1979 Chryslers. No mention of any being exclusive to the T&C which it does usually state since the photos are actual manufacturers chip charts.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I can`t wait to see the first offical pics of the next release of Fresh cherries, the awaited Chrysler lebaron Town & Country. Please when someone know this, please post the pics

·
Registered
14 Posts
T&C wagon colours

The wagons most definately came in many colours. Here is a white one in a factory advert. I've seen gold and black too. Maroon was nice with the wood as well.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Man, I love that ad, a young hip couple running towards a wagon, where are the kids? Dig that Farrah Fawcett hair and Charlies Angles Clothes. Rock on!

·
Registered
14 Posts
One of the reasons you'd see so many Brown and Gold wagons was due to the limited choice of interior colors.

The wagons were limited to Cashmere Tan, Dark Red and medium Green interior colors.

The Dark Blue and Heather Grey and White offered on Sedans and Coupes was not offered. I guess they didn't want to have to produce the rear cargo area panels in all the colors.

So when new Wagon buyers came in to pick an exterior color, they had only three to choose from. Wait a minute, that is more than we get today! LOL.

I've never seen a T&C wagon with the green interior. I've seen plenty with the tan interior. Plus I own one with the Dark Red interior.

The fake wood paneling was standard equipment on the 1978 & 1979 LeBaron wagons. But long term outdoor storage would make the raised moldings warp and buckle. Some people would have the fake wood removed then repaint the wagon.

In 1980 & 81 they offered a Non-Wood paneled wagon at lower cost.

But going back to exterior colors, you'd have to pick an exterior color to compliment your limited choice of interior colors. The Tan was the most popular. The Dark Browns and Golds looked good with the tan interior and also complimented the fake wood coloring.

I've seen a few Black wagons. The wood paneling stands out nicely. The dark red interior looks nice on the black wagons. On the white ones too.

I'd think the green interior would only look good on a light green or dark green wagon.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd buy one...........If the Price was Right.....as the game show says!:p

Looking forward to this casting and betting it will fly off the pegs, in each color they do. Sure wish somebody had the vision to do a special one.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I cant wait to get the Chrysler LeBron Town & country, looks like will be available ending the sumer vacations. And what about the Plymouth Reliant? That car also will be awesome to get in 1/60

1 - 17 of 17 Posts