Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been a while so here we go....

1. What was the last diecast car that you bought?

2. What was the last chase that you bought

3. Who got your last RAOK?

4. Who was the last person to RAOK you?

5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it?

6. What is the car out there now that you are looking for?

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with?:wave:

Please talk amoung yourselves....

·
Registered
520 Posts
My answers are as follows:

1. M2 Mopar 75th 1971 Cuda

2. Chase? What chase? Never seen one in the wild! Did buy a Green Machine Trail Duster off Full Flaps (think it was FF) over a year ago - does that count?

3. Haven't sent out any RAOK's.

4. Nobody has RAOK'ed me.

5. Nope - hard enough to even find one copy of a desirable casting most of the time in my area.

6. Greenlight AMX in white/gold from latest release. Do have a chance at this one as Meijer carries GL in my area.

7. I collect, not play. That's why my cars are still low mileage creampuffs. Sure, laugh at me now but in 20 years my pristine M2 1971 Hemi Cuda will be worth megabucks when yours is a long departed memory... :tongue:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Hot Wheels BMW 2002 - the white recolor with red and blue stripes. Picked it up last night.

Hot Wheels Ferrari 599XX Super TH.

A Hot Wheels '69 Vette and '70 Chevelle Wagon to CorvairJim.

Kiwi78, a fine and generous lad.

5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it?
Yes, some have yet to receive it.

Any quality casting that catches my eye, preferably with rubber tires. But I have a wish list of over 100 vehicles which I plan to acquire over a period of years.

[7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with?:wave:
Depends on what I have out for display at any given time. But I play with them everyday. I even bring a car to play with at the table when I go out to eat.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
1. Jada 4Wheelin 1972 Cheyenne 4x4

2. M2 Auto-Haulers 1970 '70 Mustang Boss 429 1956 Ford COE - Chase

3. Steve ( Squimb1 )

4. Shell ( Shellybaby27 )

5. Yes, Picked up a 2012 Hot Wheels DECADES '71 Plymouth GTX German Card Variation

6. M2 Auto Haulers R06 1959 Chevrolet Viking LCF Truck & 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air - Chase

7. Depends on what Car I am working on as a Custom - It will change daily - weekly

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For my personal collection? The '71 El Camino :)

Maisto G-Ridez Black '69 Corvette & Karmann Ghia (1 of 2500, both bought at same time at the last swap meet)

N/A

Yup, I was at DT and scored two Tyrell's... gave one to my mom

Scooby Doo Mystery Machine

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with?
Whichever one has made it to my desk, but not to the shelf yet :cool:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts

A whole group of cars...out of which the Mars Rover was the last, I guess.

A 2012 Camaro convertible Super TH.

Mike(RacerX)

Never got a RAOK.

I got quite close to that a while ago but then someone outbid me.

Any vintage Matchbox that catch my eye.

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with?:wave:

Always the one in my pocket. I never leave the house without a 1/64 car but I try to make it a different one every day. :wave:

:thumbsup::wave:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts

1:24 1970 BWF Chevelle SS

M2 Machines Tom Kelly '58 Belvedere Wild Goose

opie 7afe

Dadvball

several times

M2 '57 Bel Air Wild Goose from AutoThentics release 8
JL '69 Charger Daytona WL from "That Thing Got A HEMI? Sweet!"
JL '66 Mustang Fastback WL from 60's Sizzle release 2

HW 100% '63 Cadillac Hearse - Bwah Hah Hah Hah! :devil:

Missed doing these questions, Chris. Thanks for resurrecting them! :wave:

·
Banned
565 Posts
1. What was the last diecast car that you bought? M2 Thank You Car

2. What was the last chase that you bought? 1:24 M2 1969 Camaro ZL1 427

3. Who got your last RAOK? Steve a.k.a Stangfreak

4. Who was the last person to RAOK you? Dan A.K.A Liv N Low (M2 Drivers Mercury Chase Signed by Sean Taylor)

5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it? yes

6. What is the car out there now that you are looking for? M2 Wild Card Chevelles

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with? Hot Wheels Angry Bird it flies across the floor really fast and the cat likes to try and catch it :lol:

:wave:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
1 HW El Camino with the jet engines
2 HW Chevelle convertible at KDay
3 Diecastman72 Bywayman with Real Riders. I saw him post that he was looking for some a few months ago. We send each other stuff often.
4 Genecustoms. He sent me a extra custom AMX (sweet)
5 Quite often
6 The GL Country Roads Javelin AMX. The latest white one and a GM in that would be super duper. I have never found a Chase that is my focus collection.
7 I do not play with my little cars but my real AMX is a different story

·
Registered
641 Posts
- Vintage Matchbox Plymouth Police car on Sunday

-x2 Hot Wheels Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept TH last Friday

-Don't ROAK, live in my parents house

-Don't ROAK, live in my parents house

-not recently, but I have done it in the past

-Long Gone, looking for it since may

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with
-Hot Wheels NASA Curiosity

·
Registered
143 Posts
1. What was the last diecast car that you bought? Supergirl '38 Dodge Airflow

2. What was the last chase that you bought? 2012 Hot Wheels '92 Ford Mustang

3. Who got your last RAOK? Haven't signed up yet

4. Who was the last person to RAOK you? Haven't signed up yet

5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it? No

6. What is the car out there now that you are looking for? Greenlight Hollywood's Joe Dirt Charger Daytona and NCIS Dodge Challenger

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with? Dodge Powerwagon

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
Super charger treasure hunt

Super charger treasure hunt

Farmer64th

96gsfan

Yes. That's what I try and do

None. I'm actually up to date on wants.

Doepke custom D6 caterpillar dozer

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
1. What was the last diecast car that you bought? HW blue 1968 Cuda

2. What was the last chase that you bought? 1959 M2 Gold Cadillac

3. Who got your last RAOK? I forget - which, in some ways, I think is the way it should be.

4. Who was the last person to RAOK you? Also don't remember (Actually, there were a couple people who RAOK'd me fairly close together but I don't remember who was first so don't want to name one and slight the other)

5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it? I've been on the lookout for cars others want but don't seem to ever find any of them in my neck of the woods.

6. What is the car out there now that you are looking for? A good, high quality 1968 Dodge Charger that is still affordable (seems to be a rare combination)

7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with? Some HW beach version of a Ford Ranger that i've stripped to try my hand at customizing, put some new wheels on and haven't gotten any farther, good for pushing around on my desk, though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i just bought 21 ambulances at the Hershey MBX show this weekend

1/24th M2 Mustang

Messmer262 and Stangfreak

Messmer262 seems we get each others a coupel a month lol

5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it? yes, thats how i get alot of the cars i RAOK send out

the MBX ambulance with LIFE on the side and green and yellow checkerboard pattern.....anyone has of finds this please LMK

Maisto roll backs with the cars on them..For some reason i find myself loading and unloading the cars

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
1) Last diecast I bought:
HW Ferrari 458 Italia in the 2011 metallic blue. It caught my eye and I couldn't let it get away.

2) Last "Chase" I bought:
("Chase" in quotes) HW Treasure Hunt 1969 Corvette.

3) Who got my last RAOK:
Thundercat, who collects Cougars. I send him all the different HW Cougars I find.

4) Last to RAOK me:
Full Flaps, who sent me the 1970 Chevelle wagon and '69 Corvette HW's he mentioned below. (He'll get HIS... BwahahaHAHAHA!!!:tongue:)

5) Have I ever bought specifically what I knew smeone was looking for:
Yes, see #3 above

6) Next car I'm looking for:
MBX Seagrave Pumper, HW Boulevard Rebel machine

7) Car I can't help playing with:
A no-name white Chevy Suburban that's been sitting on my computer desk for a couple of years. I got it as a freebie giveaway at a car show a couple of years ago. At that time it had some advertising on it for a local company that scratched right off with my fingernails. Why it's been here all that time I haven't a clue!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
What is the car out there now that you are looking for? A good, high quality 1968 Dodge Charger that is still affordable (seems to be a rare combination)
That is indeed a rare combo. JL had one a while ago, but its stance left it looking a little like a 4x4.

On to my answers.

1. What was the last diecast car that you bought? I picked up this year's Mystery '92 Mustang and Jaded about two hours ago.
2. What was the last chase that you bought? The last one I actually bought was the C6 'Vette TH, back in 2006!
3. Who got your last RAOK? TEXN and uwharrieman will be getting my most recent ones soon; their packages left out today.
4. Who was the last person to RAOK you? XOsPapa, badhemicuda, and 1970AMX.
5. Have you ever bought a car for somebody else knowing they would want it or had been looking for it? I've bought a car knowing someone--though not any one specific person--would want it; TEXN will be getting it soon.
6. What is the car out there now that you are looking for? There are way too many to list!
7. (Bonus) What is the car in your collection that you can't help playing with?:wave: I recently acquired a Monster Jam The Broker. That thing is fun! It has a rudimentary suspension/steering system, it goes great on carpet, and my cats like it, too.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

The Matchbox Seagrave

1949 KUSTOM MERCURY BLUE WITH RED AND ORANGE FLAMES NO 17 ON HOOD AND TRUNK WITH 2012 ON TRUNK

Chorton

Chorton

Yes a member of MCCH.

There are four, The Squad from Emergency, The Crown from Emergency, The Pierce Quantum Snozzle for Las Vegas Fire, and the Las Vegas Fire Ambulance by Matchbox (as long as it is not on Ebay.

I have two Hess Trucks that I love to play with. They both have sirens and flashing lights and they drive both of my dogs nuts.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

MBX Satellite Communications Truck about 20 minutes ago at Wally

HW $uper Beelte

chorton49 he just hasn't gotten it yet

Liv N Low

Yes

Wild Cars chase '56 Ford F-100 plow truck

What ever strikes my fancy that day

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

An '07 Hot Wheels '70 Chevelle Convertible.

I found the Super Hidden '11 Dodge Charger.

That's hard for me to say, I sent out six boxes this past week, all in one go...

Messer262. We already had a trade deal arranged, and then he added an extra box to it when he heard my news. Looking forward to when they arrive.

Sort of, I polled the guys here when the chaplain from our Hospice team told me he was looking for a blue 57 chevy convertible. He loved it, btw! I also bought an '85 Fiero for one of the clerks at a local Dollar General, but never ran into her again to give it to her.

That's a tough one. I mean I'm still looking for 2012 T-Hunts. I have 7 out of 15 supers, and 9 out of 15 regulars. But specifically? I dunno if there is a specific one. I mean I tell everyone to buy me (when they want to get me a gift) M2 Machines, Muscle Machines, and elite Haulers. I suppose the Hauler with the volkswagen bus or the one with the tank would have to be the two specific ones I am most hoping to find.

I generally don't. I'm happy to just view them, occasionally move them around, change out the display here and there. But this week, with all of the neices and nephews dropping by, the one car that has gotten the most attention and pulled off the shelf the most has to be my chrome plated Hot Wheels Toilet Racer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts