Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we have roasted MOEBIUS long enough,let's weenie roast Monarch.We all know that Moebius is opened to sugestions,but what direction is Monarch following.What variety of kits can we expect from Monarch.Are figure kits the only variety on the main menu for this year.Will these all be monster kits.What about next year and in the near future.Will the variety of kits possibly include Si-Fi spaceships and figures and regular kits as well,such as cars,airplanes,historic figures,etc.Will Monarch try to produce a certain number of kits per year in the next few years.Monarch seems to be,until now,as mysterious as their Nosferatu kit.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
xsavoie said:
Now that we have roasted MOEBIUS long enough,let's weenie roast Monarch.We all know that Moebius is opened to sugestions,but what direction is Monarch following.What variety of kits can we expect from Monarch?
Well, first it would be nice if we could get Scott McKillop to even just show his face around here.... then, maybe... MAYBE... we could get him to field a few questions.

- GJS

·
Registered
946 Posts
Aside from e-mails, I don't know Scott all that well. But I do know this: Monarch is run by one guy who's probably spinning in circles trying to keep everything covered. He has a core group of people he works with in North America, plus whatever representatives he works with at the manufacturing plant in China. And he's handling sales.

On top of all this, he still has a job that covers the bills for all these efforts. So, I wouldn't hold it against him if he doesn't have a lot of time to be active here lately.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Culttvman, Gares Designs and Creations and Burbank House of Hobbies are all listing preorders. Gares is also listing it on eBay for preorder. Prices are around $20 to $25.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'm guessing the June release is pretty far-fetched eh?

I read somewhere that his second 'Top Secret' release with be in the tradition of the original Aurora Monsters. The visions are endless... Invisible Man? the Fly? one of the other Aurora shoudah's?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think the "Ghost of Castel Maré" is the second release. Jeff Yagher — who's a fan of the Forgotten Prisoner — is doing the sculpture. Don't have an image of the actual ghost yet, but the logo was posted here a couple weeks or so ago. Scott's also putting together some kind of sci-fi subject. I think he holds off on making announcements until he's certain it's going to come together.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well,if the man is that busy I can very well understand that his first priority would be to have his kits produced and distributed in the various hobby shops.But just the same,if he could spare a little time answering our questions and discussing his immediate goals,I'm sure that this gesture would be greatly appreciated by the modelers of this forum.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
I wonder if they'll make a kit of Borsi Karloff as Mad Doctor and Carl Nash as the Hunchback from House Of Frankenstein?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The owner of Monarch Models is a full time professional. I've had several conversations with Scott and I know what he does for a living, I'm sure that it's more than a 40 hour a week job.
Along with that full time job he's started Monarch Models as a mostly one man operation which is a huge investment of time.
I can easily understand why he's not here answering questions. The guy does have the right to eat a couple meals every day and sleep a few hours, plus he probably has a wife and family who'd like a little of his time.
I've been around this BB since day one, I've been through the question answering drill several times and I know how much time that can take, and how it drags out to be 40 pages of posts after a couple weeks.
I can excuse Scott for not being here to answer all the questions.

Dave

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
beck said:
i don't give a rat's you know what if he comes to the BBs as long as i get my mitts on the kits .
hb
I'll second that.
Getting to chat with these people is great.
But when it comes right down to it. I'd rather know they are concentrating on product, and the business first.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts